LegacyGT.com

Optimal Shifting Points

Hey all,

Point me in the right direction if this has been covered (I *did* search).

Given the low-mid end power of the LGT, if racing for example, would one want to shift at redline, or would you get better performance shifting at like 5500-6000rpms?

What do you guys think?

Guest *Jedimaster*
I let off at 6K most of the time. I have my shift light set to 3K for just the everyday driving on the first light, then the others come on at different RPM's according to what I've defined as power points in my car.

I'd shift at 6000 and avoid the risk of hitting the rev limiter.At redline and with any kind of hesitation can lead to hitting the rev limiter and if you have ever hit the limiter in the LGT you'll know it and lose valuable speed. So if you plan on shifting at 6000 and you are just a tad slow you'll probably hit 6300-6500 and be ok. Your essentially peaked out at or just less than 6000 rpm.

Ok, thanks for the answers guys.

More to the point of my question, will there be performance gains, ie will one drive the LGT fast4R if one shifts at 5800 or 6000rpm (a la analog tach), vs shifting at redline (6500) (assuming one shifts fast enough to avoid the brickwalled rev limiter)..

I figured that due to the power drop towards redline maybe it would be better to shift earlier, compared with a high-end-power car where one always wants higher revs...

Archived