LegacyGT.com

2009 Audi A4 pricing

After seeing the 2009 TT thread in here, I made sure to check my local Audi dealer today when I went to pick up some parts for my 2002 A4. When I looked at the window sticker on the 2009 A4 2.0T Sport I almost shat a brick. I'm not sure who is smoking what at Audi America, but $46,000 for an underpowered 4-cylinder entry-level luxury sedan? Are you kidding? Do they realize for a couple grand more people can get a well-loaded BMW 335iX?

'm going to go out on a limb here but chances are it had options :rolleyes:

Who gives a rip about what options it has, when a similarly equipped BMW has two more cylinders and one more turbo for about the same money?

Who would buy this car over the 3-series?

Guest heightsgtltd
Who gives a rip about what options it has, when a similarly equipped BMW has two more cylinders and one more turbo for about the same money?

Ummm the rolleyes were for slegacy and not you.

We are in agreement.

• 2 months later...

Yes, the base 3-series starts at $33.6k and it comes with the 3.0L V6 but it only makes 230 hp/200 ft-lbs. The A4 also starts at $33k but it's 4-banger turbo puts out 211 hp/258 ft-lbs. Of course been a turbo the A4 can also make more power cheaply with some bolt-ons. As LGT owners we should all know that cylinder count isn't everything. More of a concern is that the base A4 is a FWD and comes with CVT...

The $46k A4 you saw is mostly likely the 3.6 V6 quattro. That makes 265 hp not that far away from the 300 hp of the 335xi. But the role is reversed in this case because the BMW has the turbo so it's tune-ability is much higher.

Personally, I prefer the A4 2.0L T now that it puts out all this power. Kudos to Audi.

All this power? The Koreans are making more powerful vehicles for about half the money. This car is way underpowered for the price. As a current owner of a previous gen A4 I find nothing compelling about this new A4. It looks nice, the interior is nice, but is the price justified? The IS350 offers WAY more value and the 335 offers WAY more performance.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived