LegacyGT.com

Windshield washer fluid....

This may sound really dumb but has anyone else noticed their washer fluid smells like swamp water when they clean the windshield? I'm assuming the dealer filled it with crap and need to change it but if anyone else has noticed this that might not be the case.

Thanks

The dealer-filled wiper fluid, in addition to smelling bad, will also freeze when the temps drop into the 20's, leaving you with no way to clean your windshield. Squirt that junk out of there and replace it with some quality fluid. Even the $0.99 blue crap is better than the factory ass-water.

-Nick

Guest *Jedimaster*

I didn't even GET swamp water- just plain ol' tap water- not even Evian or Poland Springs- definitely not washer fluid! OMG my washers were frozen.

-the preceding message is a mandatory rant from Jedimaster against all things Bill Kolb :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*

They wound up on someone ele's car. Mary Ann Kolb called me after Subaru called her and she promised me a brand new uppipe and downpipe. She sent me a used (like for thousands of miles used) uppipe and a downpipe/3rd cat elim pipe, also used. I Ebay'ed them- they were such crap, I wouldn't have even bothered with trying to get an adapter for the XT.

IBofftopicthread :D

Yeah, I had that problem too. I picked up my Legacy GT in the first week of December in Virginia, and the first time I used my windshield washers, it froze on the windshield. I thought the dealer had put just plain water in it instead of wiper fluid.

Archived