LegacyGT.com

New England Auto Show 2008

sportwagon

I went on Sunday morning right as it opened. I was also unimpressed with Subaru's booth, especially compared to last year. I spent all of 3 minutes walking through their area before I lost interest.

This was the first time I'd seen the new EVO up close and I thought it was pretty cool. However, for $40k, there are a whole lot of other cars I'd look at before that.

I'm not really a huge Corvette fan but the new ZR1 was absolutely nasty. My only complaint was, if the car is on the floor, it would be nice if we could at least sit in it. Same goes for the GTR.

The exotic car display was cool, especially those old Astons but as usual, you can't do much more than look at them. Last year, the Maseratis were on the floor and you could sit in them.

Aside from the Ferraris and the GTR, I'd have to say the Mercedes C63 was probably my favorite.

The Subaru area was depressing, no turbos at all. I agree with most of what Buru said. I test drove an EVO a few months ago and 40K plus insurance was too much for even someone like me with great banking habits and a clean record.

It was great that Chevy had all the Vettes out, I love the Carbon fiber and the hood on the ZRI. That was the hit of the night for me (my dad who works in the car business is still laughing over that Blue Tundra Toyota had).

The convention center is a great place, a lot better than the expo center and you don't have to worry about possibly being mugged walking to the train at night

Archived