LegacyGT.com

Base Setup for AutoX?

S4

On any tire you will get faster and smoother the more runs you get. Why not learn and improve on the tires you'll be competing on.

Because it takes a lot of seat time to be competitive anyways, well at least at a regional and national level.. why not just have fun the first year and learn the basics with just tires you drive everyday on public roads?

Keefe

Keefe

Guest turboman
Because it takes a lot of seat time to be competitive anyways, well at least at a regional and national level.. why not just have fun the first year and learn the basics with just tires you drive everyday on public roads?

Keefe

My observation has been that a driver that finishes always at the bottom of his class (...just for the fun of it), after his 1st year, IF he stays that long, won't be back the next year. Bruises his ego.

If a driver isn't driven by the "fire in the belly", that deep down compulsion to be competitive, then speed events are not for him and he shouldn't kid himself. He just clutters up the total entry and slows everything down. And the course workers get a un-necessary workout setting up pylons.

There's a sort of "natural selection process" where a person seeks out the things he does well. And he quits doing something he does poorly.

Guest turboman

I'm flabbergasted. Does this mean that everybody actually agrees with the below? It has gotten to the point where 250 cars (pre-registration only) will show up even here in Wisconsin where a 50 car turnout was normal not too many years ago.. On the good side the courses are far better and wider and marked with chalk powder. And knowing your "time" as you pull off the course is wonderful.

As far as I'm concerned there are enough cars and more "just for fun" entrants don't help any. The classes are so complicated you have to be an attorney to figure out what class you're in. The whole thing has simply gotten out of hand in the last 3-4 years.

Cars should be classed according to mechanical potential. Weight, HP, dimensions, etc. Not just because an exceptional driver wins everything with a specific car so it gets bumped into a faster class next year..:mad:

Yea, there's that "factor" thing that I never did figure out. :confused:

Archived