LegacyGT.com

mid and y pipe

Yebbey

I just got an Xo2 mid and y pipe...the one without the resonator. I want to keep it as quiet as possible.......so what's my best route? I plan on using the stock cans. So what now? add a resonator..... silencer...something?

Also, anyone w/ xo2 experience.... can you give a comparison of with and w/o the resonator?

Stock cans will keep it pretty quiet. I've got an Invidia catted DP into the XO2 unresonated mid/Y, and I just switched back to stock cans from the XO2 ones that I'd been running for over a year. It's much quieter at idle, much much much quieter on the freeway, and still has a good bark when you get on the loud pedal.
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Thanks, that's the kind of info I was looking for. Can you compare it's loudness to any of the other cbe's....like borla, perrin, xo2 resonated.....

anyone with that comparison would be greatly appreciated. And yes, I have searched, but I wasn't finding the answers.

I don't think I've heard a Borla or Perrin in person, and I'm not sure whether the other local guys with XO2s are resonated or not. Honestly, I don't think the resonator on the XO2 makes it much quieter since it's so small. The mufflers make the biggest difference. As I recall from some meets, the XO2 with XO2 cans was similar to the AVO, quieter than the Greddy EVO, and louder than the SP2. With stock cans, I feel safe saying it's quieter than all of them.
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Archived