LegacyGT.com

Tribeca

legandrex

Our 06 Tribeca is coming off lease in a few months and we are considering keeping it. Chase is offering us a price to purchase at about $4000 under original residual value. They offered price to purchase at $17,500 and it seems high from what I see comparible vehicles listed on ebay, cars, and autotrader. Has anyone been able to negotiate a lower price than their first offer? I figured it can't hurt to try but I thought it would be good to know if anyone had any experience with Chase.

If you're in a position to walk away from it (no loss of damage deposit; no mileage penalties due, etc.), then you should figure out what similarly equipped, used 06 Tribecas are going for in your region using, say, Edmonds, and offer Chase wholesale plus a bit more.

If it becomes their car, that's the best they'll be able to do. You, of course, will have to pay retail, or so, for a used 06; consequently offering them a bit more than wholesale is win-win for both you and the lender.

Whether they'll see it this way is, of course, another matter -- but if you're ready to walk away, you're in control. HPH

I called Chase today and they won't negotiate on the buy out number. It is good for 10 days so I am sure it will continue to adjust as we make more lease payments and the market fluctuates. If I can buy another one for significantly less I won't be inclined to keep ours and Chase can deal with it.

Archived