LegacyGT.com

NEED HELP BAD!!! Just installed coil overs tranny oil leaking!!!!!!!!!

adidasoutback

I just installed coil overs I bought and I dont know what I did exactly but I think when I was doing one side I obviously over extended the cv joint of something.

I have a leak from where the CV axle meets the transmission, as In the tranny fluid is leaking out of the car on that one side. It is sitting out a noticeable difference and leaking. Did I damage the CV or tranny or is it something I can easily fix by like pushing the rod back in, and If I can then how do I do it????

I need your alls help badddddddd!!!!!!!!!

• 1 year later...

I just installed my coils, and the tranny is leaking oil...exactly like OP's problem(yes i know the thread is old...)

From some research people say the Axle slides out easily and will cause the leak?

Anyone can confirm that? or tell me how to fix this problem?

you will have to check to see if the cv is pushed ALL the way into the transmisssion. There should be some resistance and then it will "click", or bottom out hard. if it slides in and out of the transmission easy, check to see if the cir-clip is still on the end of the splines(sometimes they can break). there is a surface(shoulder) that the seal seals on that is larger in diameter than the splines. with the axle installed in the transmission you should not see much of it, i.e. the shiny part should be inside the seal.

Its late and I'm tired so I hope this makes sense.

Archived