LegacyGT.com

Any roof rack problems with the sedan?

mmm def

I'm looking to buy the Yakima rack with bike attachment (Raptor) for my LGT sedan. Couple of questions..

1. Anybody having any problems with theirs?

2. Never had a rack before, are there any issues with the windows closing or scratching the glass?

Any info would be great.

On a side note I took my fiancee biking yesterday for the first time, we were on some trails in the woods, I went over a little bridge over a ditch with her following...she didn't make it over the bridge. I heard a scream, looked back, she had gone off the side of the bridge (no railings), flipped over the handlebars and landed on a dirt hill. Couple of bruises/scrapes, she is fine. Good thing she wasn't hurt..I would have felt really bad laughing if she had gotten hurt.

Dave

Cutback- it looks like the mount clips on to the hard plastics piece, so this does not come in contact with the window? I'm worried about water getting in or scratching the glass. Nice pics btw, very helpful.

I've tried asking the same question over and over again. No one seems to ever get back with response. My only guess is that it's too soon to tell, or the damage is very minimal.

I was going to order the crossbars but the sales guy said that I shouldn't. Now if a sales guy at a dealership tells you not to buy something .. there must be some truth in it. (i'm guessing).

What he told me was that the crossbars besides the outback version are all square. I doubled checked the bars at the dealership on the outback. The bars have an oval cross section. Basically he said that a lot of people are complaining because since the non-outback bars are square, they whistle because of the wind/air speed. Some said they've returned them and are waiting for oval-style bars to replace the current square style design.

True? False? - can anyone else confirm?

Cutback- it looks like the mount clips on to the hard plastics piece, so this does not come in contact with the window? I'm worried about water getting in or scratching the glass. Nice pics btw, very helpful.

Nope... no contact with the glass. No problems at all.

Archived