LegacyGT.com

Tokico Calipers...Need some help

Chunt999

First off I’d like to say I’m very impressed with this website and number of people who love the Legacy like I do.

Now let’s get to my problem.

Ok so I bought a 05 Legacy GT LTD from my dad last year (manager of the dealership) and got a steal. I’ve drove it for about 23k miles and it now has just over 74k on the dash.

I’ve decided that it’s probably about time to change the pads on the car or maybe it’s getting close and wanted to see how much pad I got left. So I already know the calipers look a little big bigger than stock and they guy who had the car before me decided to put some from what it looks to be some knock off eBay rotors on it. The have small slots on them (Not very deep, maybe the guy thought they looked cool) and drilled as well. Well I figured maybe the whole setup was a “slight” upgrade from stock.

So now to the punch…..

I bought some “regular front pads” from advanced auto and the pads are smaller than the ones on the car. The question is, do I actually have an upgraded brake kit or maybe the guy behind the counter gave me the wrong pads….not sure. I never claimed to be a “knowledgeable” car guy so I don’t know a whole lot, but know enough to change the fluids and brakes, small stuff and can figure out if something is wrong.

It appears to have Tokico 488 T4 calipers on it. Did a little preliminary research and don’t think they are stock. I need some new pads, and before I go back to the store I need to know what I’m talking about.

I’ll post some pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

851811330_brake2.thumb.jpg.a784008abaefd5d73fef6f62082ddfb0.jpg

342763841_brake4.thumb.jpg.49bacabe3dcaf31dbedfc98efb752eac.jpg

Those look like stock fronts to me. You probably got the wrong pads from the minimum wage guy at advanced auto.

BTW, get some good pads. PM magnetic1 or go to www.brakeswap.com, he's a vendor here. Great prices, awesome tech.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Archived