LegacyGT.com

Buyer's regret?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I purschased in NJ, where there was many highways instead of small streets and roads in my area. I test drove it twice, both times on a glass smooth highway.

- Mike

Yeah, I can understand that, but still wouldn't choosing a different compound alleviate the problem a lil bit?

Mojo

I keed I keeed

Like they said, where I test drove it, it was highway. Nice and smooth - perfect to show off the turbo since you have to merge right out of the driveway into 50MPH+ traffic. But where I live, the potholes are big enough and come often enough that if you lose attention for 3 seconds, you're buying at least 2 new tires.

Like they said, where I test drove it, it was highway. Nice and smooth - perfect to show off the turbo since you have to merge right out of the driveway into 50MPH+ traffic. But where I live, the potholes are big enough and come often enough that if you lose attention for 3 seconds, you're buying at least 2 new tires.

Replace the front brakes with smaller rotors. then you could mount 16" tires which would handle the potholes better. You might even fit some OB wheels and tires.

The money you'd lose trading the car in now or even in a year would be far more than the extra money you spend on premium gas.

I'm not clear on why you regret the GT. Is it because of the wheels? Or paying a little more for gas? Or something else?

tom

tom :)

wtf ... whats with girls and SUVs and Trucks... so stupid.. its like the dropouts or the idiots (sry to stereotype) that drive around in the big trucks... if ur a construction worker and need a truck it makes sense... but its stupid if u dont need it... girls like the image or a guy with a truck... or an suv...

you would think they'd like the image of some sport sedan

i'm beginning to regret i got an auto .. i spend so much time in the suedo manual mode that i think i should have got a manual now.

That's ok. Sometimes I regret getting the 5MT. :lol: When you're tired and stuck in traffic, autos are great! You also don't have to deal with the smell of the clutch!

tom

tom :)

(semi-hijack)

One of my buddies is thinking of selling his M5 because his new bride can't drive stick - I told him he should've covered that in the pre-nup!:lol:

God bless my wife, who came with me to hang out while I was up at the Skip Barber Racing School, copping rides in the pace car while I was in class - while she was pregnant with our firstborn... who simply said, "if it'll make you happy" before I started modding the old Audi...

Happy Valentines day honey, but please keep you hands off my keys, you can get a GT when your Sienna comes off lease.:rolleyes:

wtf ... whats with girls and SUVs and Trucks... so stupid.. its like the dropouts or the idiots (sry to stereotype) that drive around in the big trucks... if ur a construction worker and need a truck it makes sense... but its stupid if u dont need it... girls like the image or a guy with a truck... or an suv...

you would think they'd like the image of some sport sedan

Your post is off-topic, or at least I don't know what made you post that, but I just wanted to comment, haha. You are pretty harsh in saying those things. I just want to help you out a little, because I feel you have a lot of learning to do. No one needs a sport sedan, either. If we follow what you are saying, most people who need to get around should just drive econocars, because they are cheap and practical. You're the one who cares about image, too, so I don't see why you are blaming them for wanting the same thing that you want.

I'm not trying to hound you or anything; I just wanted to prove my point that there is usually a legitimate reason for those things. Realize that SUVs and trucks are what most Americans like to drive and want to be seen in. Basically everyone wants to be accepted with their ginormous vehicles, just like you want to be seen in your super-hot Legacy! :p

-ben

its like the dropouts or the idiots (sry to stereotype) that drive around in the big trucks... if but its stupid if u dont need it...

I completely disagree with you. Down here about half the kids in my school(and area) drive trucks or SUVs. Different people have different tastes for driving, I for one have held of on getting an LGT because i was interested in a silverado2500 turbodiesel. Driving a truck or SUV is comepletely different then drivning a car (esp a sport one) and to sterotype people who drive them as drop outs or ideoits reveals a lack of intelligence and maturity on your behalf.

As for the image thing, it depends on your whole image not just the car you drive. if your car fits with your image, then the ladies should dig it.. (cowboy guys with trucks for example,) Its a matter of your game not the ride.

huh? kids driving trucks and SUVs to school? are there no paved roads where you are? didn't know US still have schools in the deep forests across streams. Shame on you Mr. Bush!

:lol: uh...:rolleyes:

Broward county is (i belive) the third largest county in the entire united states of america.

So things are pretty...devoloped? :rolleyes:

I guess I will never understand people who will gladly spend $30,000 on a car, but then complain about having to use premium fuel.

It seems that all of your dislikes about the Legacy were evident before you bought the car, so why did you buy it?

And with a new car like the Legacy, you won't find a real trade-in value in any book or online guide. The trade-in value will be what the dealer is willing to give you for it. Of course it is negotiable, but expect to lose $3000-4000 minimum from your purchase price.

-Nick

that was my question - at what point do teh guides put in the trade-in values? when the following year comes out?

i can live with the premium gasoline - it's a pain and probably unnecessary, but whatever.

the tires i didn't realize were such a pain. i've already gotten one rim fixed.

i could agree with the 30k on a car and complaining on the gas if i paid 30k. i traded in my old car, so i wound up dropping around 18k for the balance of everything. i still dont consider a subaru a luxury car, so if someone who buys a lexus or bmw or something complains about it, then i'd say something. but a subaru? no.

i could agree with the 30k on a car and complaining on the gas if i paid 30k. i traded in my old car, so i wound up dropping around 18k for the balance of everything.

That's a bad way to look at your purchase. Regardless of your trade-in, you expended $30k. It just so happens that you traded in a vehicle that constituted $12k of that amount.

because your old car had value. what if you sold your car to another person who gave you the value of the car in cash. then would you have gone to the subaru dealer and paid 30K for the car?

i know where you're coming from, but removing a trade-in from the equation doesn't make sense.

edmunds and kbb come out with resale at midyear or when the next model comes out (whichever is earlier).

i understand that the car is valued at 30k or so. but my out of pocket expense was 18k. this is what i paid taxes on. why would even say you paid 30 for the car if you didn't? Does it make you seem more wealthy?

now if i sold the car privately and then went and paid 30k for the car, it cost me more than that 30k because i'm paying taxes on both the private sale and the 30k on the new car.

i understand that the car is valued at 30k or so. but my out of pocket expense was 18k. this is what i paid taxes on. why would even say you paid 30 for the car if you didn't? Does it make you seem more wealthy?

now if i sold the car privately and then went and paid 30k for the car, it cost me more than that 30k because i'm paying taxes on both the private sale and the 30k on the new car.

If I go out and buy a $10k bar of gold and then use that as a down payment on a $30k car, am I only paying $20k for the car? No.

Just because you only financed $18k doesn't mean you paid $18k for the car.

For your own sake, you really need to adjust the way in which you view this kind of transaction.

Archived