LegacyGT.com

Where are the door lock/unlock and trunk release wires?

myth

Vehicle is a Legacy L Sedan 2002 Auto

Subaru Legacy 2000~2002 wiring diagram

http://64.85.6.121/diagrams/diagram.asp?ModelID=15451&MakeID=39&link=BULLDOG

It shows:

POWER LOCK WHITE (TYPE B) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS FROM DOOR

POWER UNLOCK GREEN/RED (TYPE B) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS FROM DOOR

TRUNK RELEASE LIGHT GREEN/YELLOW (5-WIRE) @ HATCH RELEASE SWITCH

A few other source on the web shows the same wiring info. So I assume the above is correct.

But I cannot find the above wires. For lock/unlock, I can see the harness from door but I cannot find them. For trunk, it seems that I need to disassemble the trunk release switch but I cannot disassemble it.

• 2 weeks later...
Vehicle is a Legacy L Sedan 2002 Auto

Subaru Legacy 2000~2002 wiring diagram

http://64.85.6.121/diagrams/diagram.asp?ModelID=15451&MakeID=39&link=BULLDOG

It shows:

POWER LOCK WHITE (TYPE B) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS FROM DOOR

POWER UNLOCK GREEN/RED (TYPE B) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS FROM DOOR

TRUNK RELEASE LIGHT GREEN/YELLOW (5-WIRE) @ HATCH RELEASE SWITCH

A few other source on the web shows the same wiring info. So I assume the above is correct.

But I cannot find the above wires. For lock/unlock, I can see the harness from door but I cannot find them. For trunk, it seems that I need to disassemble the trunk release switch but I cannot disassemble it.

I am installing a remote-starter; UltraStart G11t. I connected the other wires.

Power unlock info is not sufficient; there are 2 wires w/ the same color on the same harness. The wire on the same row as lock is not the unlock. Instead, the wire on the row 3 is the correct unlock. The problem is that the remote-starter unlocks all the doors at 1st push. OEM remote unlocks only driver door at 1st push and all doors at 2nd push.

I am still finding trunk release wire. I seems that I need to disassemble trunk release switch, but I cannot find a way.

You have all the information that you need,the after market keyless entry will unlock all doors.I don't think you will want to go thru the trouble of unlocking the driver door only.The tunk release is a five wire hook-up.

You have all the information that you need,the after market keyless entry will unlock all doors.I don't think you will want to go thru the trouble of unlocking the driver door only.The tunk release is a five wire hook-up.

I cannot even find 1 of 5 wire hook-up, unfortunately

Archived