LegacyGT.com

what are legacy gt 08 stock tires?

After all this bashing of the Stock RE-92's i was just sure that first snowfall i'd hate the tires and be looking for dedicated winter wheels and tires now.

the white crap came out today. about 1-1/2 tops.

so out to play i go. I've driven with much worse tires IMO...

sure they may not be the best tires out there, but there are certainly worse tires.

Granted i was getting the car a tad sideways on purpose...

traction in the slush was fine, stopping was fine. to be honest, my blazer handles much worse than the LGT in the white crap.

Sure i'm planning on replacing both tires and wheels next summer, but these will be just fine till then.

Yep that's cool. The more reasonable posters will pretty much feel the same. :D

RE92s are not the worst. The Michelin Energy MXV4 that came, and may still come, on Hondas for yeeeeeeeeeeears were much worse. But most people haven't been online in car communities for nearly long enough, to remember that.

Yep that's cool. The more reasonable posters will pretty much feel the same. :D

RE92s are not the worst. The Michelin Energy MXV4 that came, and may still come, on Hondas for yeeeeeeeeeeears were much worse. But most people haven't been online in car communities for nearly long enough, to remember that.

They're still factory issue for the civic si's IIRC, like the LGT they're the totally wrong tire for the car. Just looking at the tread of both tires leaves me scratching my head, they're just a basic bi-directional tread that can be made for cheap.

One good thing, for 09, the WRX has been switched over to Dunlop SP sports from the RE92, I guess Subaru finally got wiser in that dept.

:orly:

Doubting Thomas as to the stock Yoko's?? They (A82's) were on my factory fresh 06, so it likely depends on the area the cars were delivered too or maybe a substitue run when the RE92 supply ran short. While not the 'best' tire out there, they are just fine in the dry/rain/snow for my tastes. The Yoko's do put out quite the howl when pushed like this though...

MK2_6445s.thumb.jpg.b8c7c908150278653381f046eded7ac2.jpg

Archived