LegacyGT.com

Tire size question

Golf4283

Just a quick question. I'm about to put a set of winter tires on my car. I have a set of 18x7.5" rims and I am getting some dunlop winter tires. My question is what size do you recommend? I am looking at 225/45/18. Would these fit fine without much speedo change? I just wanna make sure theyll fit cause I looked on Subaru's website and the 3.0R came stock with 215/45/18 so I just wanna go a bit wider if I can.

Thanks for any help.

Just a quick question. I'm about to put a set of winter tires on my car. I have a set of 18x7.5" rims and I am getting some dunlop winter tires. My question is what size do you recommend? I am looking at 225/45/18. Would these fit fine without much speedo change? I just wanna make sure theyll fit cause I looked on Subaru's website and the 3.0R came stock with 215/45/18 so I just wanna go a bit wider if I can.

Thanks for any help.

They will fit, but narrower is better for the winter. My car also came with 215/45/18 (Weird size, but that's a different issue,) but I run 205/50/17 for the winter. 18" snows will do alright, but it's beneficial to downsize to a 17" rim and go slightly skinnier.

Archived