LegacyGT.com

Will be in the market for a second car...any thoughts?

So at some point in the near future, I will be buying my wife an SUV and then I will have the 02 Altima SE to sell. I will then buy another car to supplement my 06 LGT.

So which car should I buy? I have mentally set a budget of 15-17k. I have always had a love affair with the M5 but the pirce is a little out of my range and the service csosts would be brought to another level....not to meniton I want an auto since my LGT is a 5 MT.

I want to try to keep the miles low on the LGT..this being another factor in getting a second car. So my thought was picking up an 04 G35x sedan. The price is 15-17 with 50k or so miles on them. This car combines performance and luxury (never had nav) and it's bascially a nissan so service is decent and reliablity s/b good.

I live in FL so I don't NEED AWD but the price is basically the same and I love AWD.

Anyone have any ideas on other cars I can look at or have comments on the G35x? I know a few on this siute own the G35x so any input would be great.

Thanks!

TP

Rehab is for quitters.

Buy a motorcycle. The G35 will do nothing your LGT won't already do. If four wheels are a must; buy a single cab long bed 4X2 truck, you would be amazed at how handy they are to have around.

An even better plan would be to save the money, or invest it. Right now is a great time, it's literally a 1/2 off sale on many investments.

I am a Financial Advisor....I know all about the sales going on right now....haha.

I want a sedan...Just my thing. I will buy a beater for a truck at some point...not truck fan.

I do like the Fx35 just kinda pricely.

Rehab is for quitters.

I am a Financial Advisor....I know all about the sales going on right now....haha.

I want a sedan...Just my thing. I will buy a beater for a truck at some point...not truck fan.

I do like the Fx35 just kinda pricely.

I wasn't a real big truck fan either, at least not until I got one. They open up a lot of capabilities that you don't have without one. Not saying they're fun to drive just saying they're damn useful.

Our 02 Altima 3.5 SE is a great car...I love it..just needs to go though...114k on it pouring money into it...

My thoughts are that i can switch off between cars and have an auto as well...LGT will be paid off in Jan...so just thinking about what I want to do....

I saw an 04 G35x with Nav, Xenons and 42k for 14k! Great price.

Rehab is for quitters.

Try to get a Ford F-150 SVT Lightning for $15K?

Can't tow much with one of those though.

I suggest a good truck you can use for towing, then go buy a boat for cheap (lots of them for sale right now). The OP lives in Florida (I think) so has a year round boating season. Fun for the whole family.

Awww.. don't even get me started on thr boat front. I would love to have a boat but....as we all know they're holes in the water in which we pour money into....

If you don't know how to do your own work on one they can be really bad. I have been learning a lot about boat up-keep by helping a friend rebuild a fishing boat. New floor, trolling motor, fish finders, live well, bait well, seats. All sorts of stuff. None of it is too difficult, just time consuming. Parts are fairly cheap too. At least if you stick with an outboard engine. Inboards are a big old pain in the asshole.

With all that said a boat is not that bad to keep up, you just have to be mindful to keep it up and not let stuff break or deteriorate too much. I would recommend sticking with outboards for power though, they are so much easier to work on.

Agreed on the outboards...any boat I have had access to has had an outboard and the boat has been open..Boston Whaler, Mirro Craft Aluminum x3...so cleaning and fixing the basics are easy but the electrical and and mechanical stuff hurts...

Just like a car, maintneance is half of it...I am in a real flux state in my life (moving from condo to home, company merger, new baby, wife not working) so a boat will be a few years...things will mellow out and a boat will be happening.

College for the girls or a boat? Easy decision for me!

Rehab is for quitters.

Agreed on the outboards...any boat I have had access to has had an outboard and the boat has been open..Boston Whaler, Mirro Craft Aluminum x3...so cleaning and fixing the basics are easy but the electrical and and mechanical stuff hurts...

College for the girls or a boat? Easy decision for me!

Make the girls study hard, get scholarships. Buy boat. Use time on the boat as an incentive to study hard. :lol:

The electrical issues can be a pain in the ass, and that was the more time consuming part of the rebuild that we did. Getting everything wired (pumps for the bait well, power for the larger trolling motor etc.) was time consuming, but it is doable.

Archived