LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT vs 09 A4 2.0

Legacy GT vs 09 A4 2.0

automatic + awd for both

car and driver got the a4 0-60 in 5.7

any opinions?

how does quattro awd compare to subaru awd?

thanks

The winner will be GT-R with Chuck Norris at the wheel.

...until Nissan voids the transmission warranty because you looked at it the wrong way and it broke.

Geez you're dumb. Do you believe everything you read? I guess so. GT-R doesn't need launch control, GT-R will be faster without it. You can't comprehend the greatness of GT-R!:lol:

GT is bigger, faster, cheaper, and more reliable. Where is the competition? Well actually, i guess with the 5EAT you may be a little slower to 60 but there is no replacement for displacement as you yanks keep reminding me....so midrange the LGT will be quicker.

Seriously guys cmon, stay on topic...if he asked a dumb question or reposted or mentioned the spec b or the GTR then you could destroy his thread, but his question was genuine and quite a good one.

Uhoh! but for how long....2010 lgt should trump it right....right?

The LGT is about as likely to get a meaningful redesign by 2010 as I am to sprout wings and start flying.:lol:

If it does get a redesign Subaru will drop the 2.5L Turbo and only offer a 2.5L NA, or a 3.0L H6. Maybe not even the H6.

If you want rarer to be a word then it can be in my book. I am not the spelling and grammar police (that is Heights' job). If it makes you feel better to believe that your car will become scarce and somehow valuable then by all means delude yourself.

5.7 is really HARD to swallow...with 211hp?

for base price of 39k you could get the 265hp v6 quattro.

edmunds is saying 6.6 due to its 3800lbs. thats with the v6.

"Let's get this part out of the way — despite the additional traction provided by its all-wheel-drive system, the 3,870-pound Audi A4 is just too portly to keep pace with the C350 in the stoplight grand prix. Acceleration to 60 mph consumes 6.9 seconds (6.6 seconds with 1 foot of rollout like on a drag strip), and the A4 clicks the quarter-mile in 15 seconds flat at 94.7 mph. Audi's 3.2-liter direct-injected V6 is smooth and emits a pleasantly distinctive warble, but it will take more than its 265 hp and 243 lb-ft of torque to out-drag the leaner C350."

5.7 is really HARD to swallow...with 211hp?

for base price of 39k you could get the 265hp v6 quattro.

edmunds is saying 6.6 due to its 3800lbs. thats with the v6.

"Let's get this part out of the way — despite the additional traction provided by its all-wheel-drive system, the 3,870-pound Audi A4 is just too portly to keep pace with the C350 in the stoplight grand prix. Acceleration to 60 mph consumes 6.9 seconds (6.6 seconds with 1 foot of rollout like on a drag strip), and the A4 clicks the quarter-mile in 15 seconds flat at 94.7 mph. Audi's 3.2-liter direct-injected V6 is smooth and emits a pleasantly distinctive warble, but it will take more than its 265 hp and 243 lb-ft of torque to out-drag the leaner C350."

The major change to the engine for ’09 is the addition of variable valve timing, which adds 11 horsepower and an impressive 51 pound-feet of torque. Although it’s down 54 horsepower to the 3.2-liter V-6, the four-cylinder’s 0-to-60 time of 5.7 seconds was quick enough to match the acceleration of the V-6 version. Even when saddled with the heavy and friction-laden Quattro system and a six-speed automatic, the turbo four-cylinder provides better low-speed acceleration than a V-6 A4 with an automatic and all-wheel drive.

I might just try it, put it on ebay for a rediculous amount, stating that there are only 86 worldwide, see if i get any responses from rich snobs with too much money and no time to research, it would make my day to sell this thing for 300k :D

Won't stick in Europe - at least not in Scandinavia, here wagons are the norm. And we can get the 3.0 Spec B instead.

453747.png

Archived