LegacyGT.com

Just ordered a set of these G-Games Sidewinders.

Throttlejockey

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My response to esales at discounttireco dot com:

I checked the stock before I ordered, and the Texas distribution center was labeled as "good." Also, upon ordering, I recieved no automated "out of stock" response. I am also unaware of Rays (Mackin Industries here in the US) discontinuing the the 1 piece cast 77s model. This seems to me to be a classic "bait and switch" tactic that I'm sure you are aware is illegal.

As for other wheels, yes there are many other models that I would consider as an appropriate substitution, but somehow I doubt any of them are both of similar price and made by a reputable manufacturer. If you would like to offer options for substitution at the total order price of $457.00, I would gladly entertain them.

For reference the applicable specs are as follows: Diameter: 18", Width: 8" or 8.5", Bolt Pattern: 5x100, Offset: +47 to +49, Hub bore: at least 56mm.

Joshua

****.... my girlfriend kind of just sniped me on the web site and now she is giving me hell about the expense... if it was not for the fact we are looking to buy a house right now, i would have made this decision swiftly enough that she would have been completely in the dark, till i mounted them in the spring :(

The wheel is not being discontinued by Rays; however, we have discontinued carrying the product which is why it was at a close-out price. Unfortunately we will not be able to order any more of this product. Is there another wheel you might be interested in? We would be willing to offer you $50 off the purchase of another set of 4 wheels. How would you like to proceed?
car for sale. PM me!

They told me a few months back that DTD originally ordered direct from Ray's Japan in a large bulk order, hence the low price.

They now have to order anything not in stock from Mackin, and they are clearly not giving DTD a decent 'wholesale' discount. I inquired about the 19x8 2pc Sidewinders and DTD couldn't get them for me less than like $650 ea.

Archived