LegacyGT.com

Is ver1 accessport capable of same as ver2?

Torque7

I only have experience with V1 and I'll tell you it's not user friendly. Just to get the TA map I bought to sync with the V1 AP I had to go buy a USB to 8 pin connector, download the v1 AP updates from Cobb's website, spend a good 30 minutes trying to get my computer to sync with the AP, and then take the 10-15 minutes to flash to my car. I decided for the price (got it very cheap used)it was worth the frustration b/c I don't see the need to flash the ecu very often. I think the functions are the same in regards to saving real time maps and number of flashes, etc.

I tried looking in the instruction manual for you, but I couldn't find anything about the number of times. The V1 can store 6 base maps and 10 real time maps. You can flash as many real time maps as you want b/c it does not program into the ECU (not "diminishing the ECU's flash memory")--but if you reset the ecu or disconnect the battery etc you will lose the real time map but keep the base map on the car. I guess the real question is how times can you reprogram the ECU with a base map and I think I read somewhere that this can be done about 100 times. To be honest if you are flashing your base map that often you should just get the V2 :) I've had my car 3 years and changed the base map maybe 3-4 times.(I'm at stage 2 with TA map) The TA map required me to run it as a base map.

In summary

Real time maps = at will

Base maps=100 times, but for the life of me I don't know why that number stands in my head.

so my question is... Is there a SET number of times i can flash my ECU? Or can i change it at will?

There were quite a few discussions on this a few years back. IMHO, the average AP tuned car won't even see 25-30 base map flashes. A guy doing open source might get into the 100 range (I seriously doubt it), but nowhere near the 200+ that was speculated at being the limit.

I think a better thread topic would be asking if ANYONE has fried an ECU by flashing too many times. My guess is not too many (if any at all).

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

The previous owner put a TDC stage 2 map on. I better check to see if its still there. I had the battery discconected a while back. I wonder if those went on as a base map. I hope so. I know that i checked boost via the AP V1 and it was at 16.9 and i figure that HAS to be the TDC map. I dont think a regular base map is that high.

Still love the way it pulls. I jsut heard about the memory thing as a rumor at a shop and wanted to clarify. God knows i want a VF52 and a protune...

The previous owner put a TDC stage 2 map on. I better check to see if its still there. I had the battery discconected a while back. I wonder if those went on as a base map. I hope so. I know that i checked boost via the AP V1 and it was at 16.9 and i figure that HAS to be the TDC map. I dont think a regular base map is that high.

Still love the way it pulls. I jsut heard about the memory thing as a rumor at a shop and wanted to clarify. God knows i want a VF52 and a protune...

I flashed my first basemap in May 2006. That stage 1 TDC map stayed on until Subaru changed my ECU. I flashed the new ECU a couple of times at stage 1, then had a TDC stage2 flashed a couple of times, then I've been Protuned four times since then. I guess that equals less then 10 basemap flashes in 2.5+ years.

You're not gonna hit a reflash limit.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I think if/when my stock turbo goes (at 62k miles right now) then I'll pony up for the VF52. I like your setup idea, not too far off the deep end. I will own another TT 300zx one day and that will be my off the deep end car... Good luck with your car. I would just buy the V1 given your goals. I got my about a year ago for 250ish shipped. 600+ for a V2 -no thanks.

have one. came with the car. along with the up and down pipes. i added the KN intake and Perrin Top mount. still on the stock catback though. May or may not keep it. If i can hit 300whp on the stock catback i will. Sleeper as all hell. And if not im leaning towards a QTP cutout. Quiet most of the time. And when i need it to be open its a switch away.

Wnough thread jacking... Someone help me find a better job

At some point, I believe it won't be possible to tune via v1 anymore. Kinda like Win95/98/2000/Me no longer get support, so too will be the APv1.

Archived