LegacyGT.com

So whats the difference........

Djecl1pse

Ok Im new to the site, I dont have the legacy yet, but Im getting it next year. Just doing some research about the car inside and out. I seen alot of nice cars on this website, a little simialar what Im going to do with mine. Well my question is (and please dont burn me but) Whats the difference between the motor in the STI and the Legacy? But I cant wait for my legacy GT, too many STI's around here. I want a new face, and plus LGT is sexy:wub:

Ummm, there are a few slight changes that amount to the STi having around 50hp more. You have the turbo, exhaust, slightly different mapping to allow for the STi to have a higher redline, TMIC is slightly different i believe as is the tranny. All of subaru's 2.5l engines are the same, with power ranging from 170hp to 300hp, the high the hp the beter goodies attached. There is nothing under he hood of the STi that you wouldn't have on the legacy if given the choice if that makes sense? In other words STi>LGT in everyway when it comes to mechanics. But! At stg 1 the legacy can run with the STi no problem, stg 2 and you should have him. The legacy is a far better looking car and is alot more subtle. The interior is far superior aswell. If you want a track car get the STi, if you want anything else get the LGT. If you are buying next year i would recomend waiting to see what 2010 looks like. It should have more power.

Um, well, my LGT.B is Stage I, an improvement over stock, but it certainly isn't at the STI's level. In addition, the shorter wheelbase on the STI gives it somewhat more quickness in terms of handling.

That said, I like my .B more than I liked my 05 STi, even after it got tweaked up (and toned down, soundwise) a bit. The LGT platform is lots more civilized on the highway. HPH

Archived