LegacyGT.com

Space behind cubby?

NEPA

Speaking of which, since it looks like Highline is never really gonna come

through with his low-cost after-market kit for cars with auto climate ...

Can someone outline the process, and level of difficulty, for installing an

aftermarket HU in the cubby ? I gather you first relocate the "info panel"

using a bracket available from a3rd-party vendor; how hard is this ? Then

exactly how do you trim out the new HU into the cubby area, and is it pretty

easy to get the wiring to it ? Thanks !

There's a little bit of room back there, not ALOT, but a little. However you could just yank out the cubby and measure. It would probably be your best bet so you can see how much room you have to work with.
If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

There's a little bit of room back there, not ALOT, but a little. However you could just yank out the cubby and measure. It would probably be your best bet so you can see how much room you have to work with.

2nd, pull out the cubby and start measuring. To fit my double din in that location, a fair amount of plastic needed to be trimmed away from an HAVC plenum, in addition to the obvious dash supports that need to be 86'd. If whatever you're installing is deep enough, you'll get more clearance by going up and over the crash beam that runs through that space.

ignore him, he'll go away.

There is a good amount of space behind the cubby but the problem is that there is a plastic cross piece that spits the space in half. I cut the plastic support out and have not run into any issues as of yet and I did this last winter. I was able to fit two aux power ports into the back of my cubby.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/gershon23/IMG_0610.jpg

Archived