LegacyGT.com

Remove door panel - passenger's rear door

Blue

Hey,

Just got back from vacation, and while I was gone someone tried to break into my car. :mad: They didn't get in, but they messed up the weather sealing around the passenger rear window, and that window is off its track, so I need to try to at least get thw window back on its track so i can roll it up all the way.

How do I remove the interior door panel? Just pull? Any hidden screws?

Thanks!

Blue

not sure, but normally there are little plastic screw-type things holding the door trim on. be careful removing the door trim. if it's cold ouotside, they break/strip very easily.

This is a basic GM door trim thingy. again, i'm not sure how the Subaru's are held on but i'd assume something similar. they are cheap, but if you need some... it's murphy's lay that you can never find them in a store.

http://www.autozone.com/images/products/mtr/mtr963-035003.jpg

there are 3 screws that you need to remove before you can snap the rest of the door off.

One is behind a small plastic plate behind the chromed door handle that opens the door. You can pop this off with a small plastic tool or screwdriver, just be careful to try not to mess up the plastic as it is soft.

There are two more behind the cover plate on the door handle itself (the part you use to open and close the door from the inside. It is easiest to use a tool to pop off the top of the handle first, and then left and pull the bottom. Its kind of hard to explain but you should understand once you are looking at the door.

If you are using some sort of metal tool be sure to cover it with a cloth to prevent damage from the door. Once you get those three screws out the rest of the door is just pop-its like pictured above around the outside of the door

Archived