LegacyGT.com

Catted Uppipe?

You really need to search man, this has been discussed ad nauseam.

Yes the 06 UP is catted. They only reason you should replace it is if you plan to go stage 2 or above, then it would be required. Performance gains, not much from just that, but you'd get slightly faster spool up and wouldn't blow peices of the cat into the turbo at higher than stock boost levels.

Hope that answered your question. ;)

You really need to search man, this has been discussed ad nauseam.

Yes the 06 UP is catted. They only reason you should replace it is if you plan to go stage 2 or above, then it would be required. Performance gains, not much from just that, but you'd get slightly faster spool up and wouldn't blow peices of the cat into the turbo at higher than stock boost levels.

Hope that answered your question. ;)

Thank you. I have searched. Several threads say that '05 had it, but '06 didn't. I read one thread that said an '06 had it, so I wanted to clear it up. Please close this thread.

over at NASIOC, there were bone stock Impreza's w/ the up-pipe cat blowing up into the turbo as well. Getting an aftermarket up-pipe or gutting the stock one seems mandatory.

I wouldn't say mandatory;). (101000 miles Stage1, still stock turbo & exhaust. GT runs great still.) But it will give you peace of mind:).

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to bring this up again. As I stated before, there are mixed opinions on 2006 model legacy gt's having catted uppipe. Most people on here say that the 2006 does have a catted uppipe, PDX tells me that a 2006 does not. What is it guys? Is there a way that I can find out without taking my uppipe off, so that I can believe my eyes? Thanks.

Archived