LegacyGT.com

Check engine light on and Cruise light blinking - Why?

dfalk

I installed a remote starter today in my 05 legacy and everything went well except for one problem. When I turn the car on now the Check Engine light stays on and the CRUISE light in the lower right hand corner flashes on and off non stop. The cruise control also doesnt work anymore.

The only thing I can think off is when I was looking for wires I disconnected all the wire harnesses on the BIU, and unplugged one harness on the ECM. Could unplugging those cause this problem? And most importantly any idea on how to fix it?

best bet, go get a Code reader. (buy one or find a friend with one) or i think Autozone lets a customer borrow theirs to get a code. once you get that code, it's easier to figure out what exactly is wrong. IMO, a fairly cheap Code reader isn't a bad thing to have. $50-60 for a basic model one, just gives you the code. once you have the code, since they are required to be standard go to http://www.obd-codes.com/ and see what it is.

Not sure about the 05's, but there IS an onboard code reader on a legacy. search the forums to find the instructions. not sure when it was implemented.

My code i just had was a stupid harness was unplugged....

Cruise not working is normal. when you have a CEL, cruise is disabled.

Open up the fuse cover by the drivers left knee, rummage around until you find two white plugs.

Put them together and when you turn the key to position II, before starting the car, press the odometer reset button while the needles are sweeping.

The CEL code will appear in the odometer display.

Archived