LegacyGT.com

Legacy rage...

The other night, I was at a red light (no one around) and I was gassing it up towards 3000 rpm and was gonna gun it when the light turned green, at the last second some alpha hotel in a Ford Escape squeezed (almost clipping my mirror) around the right side of me without slowing down and went around me as the light turned green. If I didn't check my mirrors I would've surely shot out and smashed into this stupid woman, who was also on her cell phone.

In addition to illegally cutting me off on the right hand side, illegally talking on her cell phone, she was clearly not paying attension to the road - driving too slow and half way over the double yellow line.

I so wanted to give in to road rage, but settled for holding my hand on the horn as she cut around me and keeping a few car lenghts behind her, where I bathed her car from behind with my high beams. I knew I was blessing all three of her mirrors with obscene brightness. Even if in spite she slammed her brakes - I was a few car lenghts behind and would have plenty of time to stop.

oh well... It was scary - yet amusing watching this idiot also ride right through the next red light without hitting her brakes. I should've taken down her plate, pull over, and kindly called the local police to keep an eye on this one.

- Mike

I installed a 40-amp relay and dual Mustang horns in my MR2 -and a toggle switch on the horn for continuous use ;-) SUV's and cell phones have made driving small sports cars a dangerous thing.

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

Guest *Jedimaster*
Are they in NY? I used to have a van with one and we'd drive around harassing people in it- someone would duck down using colorful expletives while the other drove :lol:

One of our friends around here has a Ford Excursion with an actual barge/freightliner horn. He has an air compressor that charges it but when he lets it out at the rice burner meets I assure you the reaction isn't pretty. It was the first time in my life when my heart skipped a beat and all the car alarms in the parking lot literally went off.

Guest *Jedimaster*

That'd be cool.

[scroll]Thanks for cutting me off- I'm going to follow you home- every time you see a Subaru go by you will wonder if it's me[/scroll]

EDIT: Dammit Tide- install the scroll tag! :lol:

One of our friends around here has a Ford Excursion with an actual barge/freightliner horn. He has an air compressor that charges it but when he lets it out at the rice burner meets I assure you the reaction isn't pretty. It was the first time in my life when my heart skipped a beat and all the car alarms in the parking lot literally went off.

That's really funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Mike

Archived