LegacyGT.com

winter tires

addison

I have re-05s on my spec B stockers and with winter approaching i need to replace them asap. I would like to do blizzaks but i dont know if i can afford them right now. So now i try to look at what i have local and cheap. Do you think i would be better off with re-92s or BFG gforce KDW types 2's? while the re-92s are "all seasons" we all know how poorly they do in the snow. And while the gforces are summers they have a decent amount of cross tread. I think both options would be better than my re05s. what do you think?

i ran the KDWs thru one or two snow storms last year, and I really dont recommend them. I was able to make it through them just fine but traction was non-existent for most of the time until the tires had warmed up, and it still wasnt good at that point, but manageable.

KDW2's are an extreme performance summer tire that SHOULD NOT be driven in temps below 50 degrees. I in-fact just took mine off today. These past few weeks have been in the 40-50 range in CT and raining, and the tires were not sticky at all until they warmed. I switched back to the RE-92s for now, and have survived on them in past winters, but will most likely switch to dedicated winters in a month or so

Archived