LegacyGT.com

Tail light blackouts anyone tried these?

KTM 525

I was actually planning on doing some sort of tests (if I decide to try it out) to see. I don't exactly know how to test it, but I would like to feel secure that it didn't hamper my brake light performance too much.

I think this would be leagal in my state, Nevada only requires the taillights to be visible from 300 feet with the brake pedal pressed, as opposed to California which requires 1000 feet. But still, I'd want to make sure they were still quite visible.

I'd much rather get some factory smoked taillights, but I don't think they sell any for the new generation Legacy's (or am I wrong?).

Just because somebody makes it doesn't mean its legal. Just wait till some moron rear ends you and they blame the fact that your tail lights are covered up on their idiotic driving. The officer will see that your tails are covered and give you a ticket and your insurance will get hit for the damge on both cars. Trust me.... I come from Honda forums where kids paint their tail lights because they think it looks cool and they have this problem all the time. This would be a cool modification for show, but it wouldn't be legal on the street. You might not get pulled over for it, but if you get into an accident that isn't your fault, then having that on your tail lights will suddenly make it you fault. Bad idea....

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

it says on the site that it is not legal in most states. I know sure as hell that those won't pass inspection here in virginia.

not worth it in my opinion. Besides, thier is no way that tinted stickers stuck over brake lights really can look that good.

just my $.02

If you apply this smoke vinyl, would it affect the reflective part of the tail light which is required here in California?

The smoked tail light covers are illigal here in California, accordning to the California Vehicle code book. I used to work for a police department here and normally the most you would get is a fix it ticket. It looks cool, but not worth it to me. Its the same with headlight covers that are smoked or black, the clear ones are fine though.

bastard isn't a bad word and if You Consider it not work Safe, then You probably shouldn't be on the forum at work anyways
Would you say this around an 8 yearold?

Just so we are clear Bastard, #$%! and &%@ are ok. But "y helo thar buttsekz?" is not ok.

I will not tolerate vulgar or berating posts to other members of the board.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=vulgar%20

Calling someone a bastard is not vulgar? Especially when there was no reason for that post.

I think all of you mods should get together and get your story straight ;)

Edited by MWiener2: How many 8 year olds do you see on a car forum? You've now crossed the line by using the 4 letter words.

Archived