LegacyGT.com

Tail Lights need ideas!

GirlieGT05

Hey Guys & Girls,

I need an idea on what to do to my tail lights....im looking for something different because everytime i look at the rear of my car i feel like something is missing!! I feel like if i tint them or do something to them it will look better!!

Any ideas or pictures to give me an idea?

BTW where can i pick up the GT emblem from the front grill (i have the JDM mess grill):)

Thanks!

tinting is very popular and looks good.

I have to poke fun of your topic tho.

taillights do not need ideas.. just light bulbs. :lol:

ok that was lame.. anyway....

if you have an 05-07 you can get jdm tails that look slightly different (amber turn.) I dont know what the jdm08-09 looks like.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

And if I could do it again I would have not painted the reverse light section of the tail lights. Its looks better all black but I dont like the decreased visibility when backing up at night.
^ n00bs below this line

+1 for tint. There are many different tinting options / styles also.

Mine:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1302/672290224_d8edf77e70.jpg

I was gunna post a pic of mine, but that's exactly what my tails look like. I got my tint precut on ebay.

Jinsu Power, the vendor here, simply resells the ClearGuard product.

They've had some supply issues before, but it's source (ClearGuard) related - from what I understand, the product is manufactured in batches, and sometimes, they'll simply run low/out.

That's what caused the slow-down, a few months ago, when a few of us, at the same time (but all on our own), ordered from Jinsu. When another good member here came forward to say that he tried ordering from ClearGuard, direct, and received the same delay, it became clear what the true problem was.

I bought my last set of overlays from Jinsu, and I still have plenty of confidence in them.

Note to anyone, though, who might want to try the overlays on JDM sedan tails - they're not an exact match - the JDMs have a wider central "clear" opening area, so the USDM tint will cover a bit more of this area.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I had a body shop put a few drops of black paint in some clear coat and do a few layers on the tail lights. Now I take care of them the same way I do the paint on the rest of the car.
^ n00bs below this line

Archived