LegacyGT.com

new ecu

mochaj

i had a new ecu installed a week ago and noticed a missing and early shift from i think 3rd to 4th. when i get in the car and go (granted its cold) the car shifts to what i think is 3rd to 4th it bogs way down almost like a manual would when going from 2nd to 5th. its weird. after about 5 miles it disapates but still seems confused on 3rd to 4th shift. it will go in to 4th but in order to get power i have to get into it to drop the gear. all in all the car is not driving like it used to. had the ecu changed for a tank pressure valve code that would not clear. i have no more codes but the issue mentioned above. is the ecu still learning? or is it not set up correcly? thanks for any feed back

ya i let it warm up for 5 to 10 min. i just bought the car 05 legacy gt. the only non stock component is the exaust. cat back. i noticed a "performance" shop sticker on the window so im not sure if it was at a tuner before. im taking it back to shop to see if they can figure anything. i just dont want a load of crap saying oh it has to learn or something to that extent. if that gives you any help. thank you

Archived