LegacyGT.com

Hit a curb - bent my spindle.

dfalk

So I hit a curb pretty good today and poped my front passanger tire. Well it was in the shop gettin worked on I told the guy to check the alignment as well. He said he couldnt adjust the caster because the spindel was bent. He also said the main front end guy wasnt in today so that was just his theory and that I need to have it looked at again.

Does that sound right though? Bad spindel, cant adjust caster? Also I looked on a few part store sites and none of them have a replacement spindle. Any ideas? Oh ya its an 05 legacy 2.5i

Caster is not adjustable on subarus. you may have a bent strut or control arm, but caster is definitly not adjustable. plus there is not "spindle" part. you have the control arm, inner and outer tie rod, steering knuckle, wheel bearing hub assembly, and strut. It sounds like the shop you go to is not very good. id bring it to a dealer for a second opinion.

Sometimes they refer to the knuckle as spindle.

Any of these parts can be bent - strut, control arm, knuckle, even crossmember. Bent knuckles are actually not that uncommon, despite being big piece of cast iron.

Archived