LegacyGT.com

Door speakers in my Baja T

moonzie

So I've got 4 Infinity's that I put in my Baja going on 2 years ago. This fall I dynamatted all doors and found that the speakers have been hitting up against the outside plastic grill and had subsequently destroyed all 4.

Nevermind the comments on Infinity's being too high and all.. I like the way they sound. :) ....when they're not broken.

And so they rattle badly. When I installed them, I used the adapter bracket that came with them. I made some measurements tonight and found that if I drilled and mounted the speaker directly to the door, I'd have 9/16" of speaker poking out the door. I also checked and verified I can bring the rear window down all the way if the speaker is mounted directly. With Subaru + Infinity mounting bracket I was sticking out 1".

2" maximum mounting depth just sucks! Suggestions anyone?

Yeah, I'm seriously thinking next time I get some cash I'm going to drill and mount directly to the door - gives me nearly a half inch. Then run them for a few days and pull off door trim and inspect to make sure they're not rubbing again.

It's not the back depth I'm worried about. I can live with 2". My concern is the speaker hitting the front of the door grill again. My thoughts are to just mount it directly to the door and not use any speaker adapters, this would give me almost a half inch extra with which to work with in the front half of the speaker (where it's been destroying outside edge of the speaker)

Archived