LegacyGT.com

best price on stock replacement tire?

GULLABLE0NE

ok so i hit a huge pothole on my way to work this morning and i've been feeling a little vibration in my front driver wheel, so i figured i bent the rim. after work i went to a tire shop to take the wheel off and check it out. good news, the wheel appears to be in good shape. the cause of the vibration is still unknown. maybe the allignment is off or something cause it was a bad pothole at a decent speed.

but the story doesn't end there. on my way back home from the tire shop i hear a ticking while i drive, since i was almost home i waited to check it out. now that i am home i find that there is a large screw or bolt in the tread of my front passenger tire. i am hoping that when i wake up tommorow its not flat because i dont feel like putting on a donut to drive to the tire shop. im hoping to make it there and remove the screw/ bolt without going flat but i'm not that lucky. where can i get a direct replacement for the stock RE92 tire? please don't say tirerack because i already checked and those fools want $222 plus shipping.

If you think tirerack is crazy try to find RE92 somewhere cheaper.

Bridgestone prices OEM tires so high because they can.

The cheapest way - find used tire.

The fastest way - buy single OEM tire (200+).

Good luck.

Krzys

PS I do not think that you can find 4 tires for Legacy below 222. So single RE92 is still the cheapest (even though pricey) solution.

well i got the bolt pulled out and patched the tire. i'm hoping it holds up well but i'm not convinced about the quality of a patched tire. i will be pricing a set of contipro's from my tire guy as a back up plan. i refuse to pay 220 for a tire that is just mediocre as a performance all season tire. if i'm gonna spend the money i want my moneys worth. thanks for the input guys.

The plug should hold up OK, if in the tread rather than the sidewall, and, of course, properly installed.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived