LegacyGT.com

Speedo error...?

Guest turboman

Guest turboman

It is so silly to worry about a silly 2,3,4 percent speedo error. If you know you're going to be a couple of MPH off on the speedometer just compensate in your head.

Have you ever checked your actual versus indicated speed to know if your speedometer is even correct. I do it with the "mile" signs on the interstates, driving at an indicated 60mph between a couple signes and figuring out the error percentage. A GPS should do the same thing if you have access to one.

Very few cars read exactly the correct speed anyway. It's comparable to buying the most accurate wrist watch in the world, when everybody elses clocks/watches are never correct anyway.

Why all the fuss is beyond me.

You are correct, being off by 2mph to 5mph isnt that much of a big deal so long as you know you are off. The speedo itself on stock tires are not off by much (say 1mph or 1.5mph when you go above 60 mph).. the analog gauge, is well, analog, so it's already telling you by your naked eye that you can easily misread 62mph and 64mph (hell the car can accelerate fast enough that it can just jump from 60 to 65 in a blink of an eye).. my friend had a radar gun as well that we rented for a week to check on the car (just for fun).

Keefe

Keefe

Archived