LegacyGT.com

Alternate Methods for AVO Gauge mount

AGR-LGT

• 4 months later...
I'm pretty disappointed with mine as well. Just got it and have tried several kinds of tap including moulding tape and it just doesn't hold to the a-pillar. The textured surface is just not working. I'm debating a tab of super glue :(

Mine has been on now for almost 2 years (I bot the pod, used) I think we used some 3m double sided tape. The thing has never moved....you should be OK with a methid such as this. GL
Rehab is for quitters.

Does the 06 have the same a-pillar? It's textured to the point where nothing it sticking to it. I've cleaned it thoroughly with alcohol before each try, and have tried 3 different kinds of double sided tape now. The moulding tape should be about the strongest there is, and it's just not holding to the a-pillar. Very frustrating to hear it start rattling then sliding around up there while driving.

The 06 has material on the A-Pillar...it would not stick thoroughly but enough so it never moves. How a bout some on the bottom of it? Maybe rig some form of 'bracket'...I will look at mine and get back to you.
Rehab is for quitters.

Does the 06 have the same a-pillar? It's textured to the point where nothing it sticking to it. I've cleaned it thoroughly with alcohol before each try, and have tried 3 different kinds of double sided tape now. The moulding tape should be about the strongest there is, and it's just not holding to the a-pillar. Very frustrating to hear it start rattling then sliding around up there while driving.

Is it not sticking to the pod or the dash/pillar? If its the pod itself lightly sand it.. 3m double stick tape should hold it fine.

Other options would be a custom A-pillar pod.. or just a cubby pod or perrin mount for the top of the steering column.

512whp/465ftlb 2005 5EAT Legacy (Build Log)

Videos -

-

Double or triple A pillar guage pod?????

There is a member here who was selling them.

He certainly makes a great product.

I believe the AVO pod they're talking about is the single one that sits at the base of the A-pillar, and basically lays on the dash and "sticks" to the A-pillar.

Like this one (this is DoubleB's car).

1092553552_AVOgaugepod.thumb.jpg.0a58f877d8efc3d176288eee941e8479.jpg

I believe the AVO pod they're talking about is the single one that sits at the base of the A-pillar, and basically lays on the dash and "sticks" to the A-pillar.

Like this one (this is DoubleB's car).

I'm aware of the AVO pod. When I re-read my post it is obviously unclear what I was trying to say.

Is it not sticking to the pod or the dash/pillar? If its the pod itself lightly sand it.. 3m double stick tape should hold it fine.

Other options would be a custom A-pillar pod.. or just a cubby pod or perrin mount for the top of the steering column.

All 3 tapes i've tried stick like glue to the pod itself. None of them will stick well to the A-pillar due to the texture on the pillar. I used a dab of superglue on the tape and so far it is holding to the pillar, but it's only been a day.

Archived