LegacyGT.com

Denver: Anyone have a modded Spec B??

sgtpeper

Hey all,

I have an 05 STi and I am still seriously thinking of swapping to an LGT.

My problem with the LGT however is that it lacks a few things Ill really miss on the STi.

Somewhat harder suspension

Short shift kit

Bit more power

I'd love to see if someone in or around Denver has a spec B that has been modified with at least better suspension so I can see what an LGT feels like with tight suspension.

Anyone??

Thanks!

Jeff

THanks guys that would be great!

My old house is really near 32nd and Lowell. I just moved to Wash Park actually a week ago.

What mods have been done to you 08 grocery getter?

finse - that would be awesome as well - where about are you located? Is the 06 any different other than interior and front bumper from the 08? Oh and the dial on the 08 heh

Jeff

finse - that would be awesome as well - where about are you located? Is the 06 any different other than interior and front bumper from the 08? Oh and the dial on the 08 heh

Jeff

I am also in West Highlands. The major difference between the 06 and later models is the transmission (I am only rocking a 5 speed) and the iDrive. AFAIK, the suspension didn't change.

Awesome! Is there a decent time later tonight that I could stop by to check it out? A spec B with proper suspension really may be what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tonight's not good for me - I have a party to go to. I should have plenty of time this weekend though.

To funny on the Wash Park move, I lived 2 blocks from Sushi Den in the Platt park area and moved to the Highlands in June!

This is my wifes daily driver so I current have some minor modds and don't expect to go too crazy (power upgrades and maybe some springs). My 04 Forester XT is my daily driver and is more the extreme between the two (full STI swap).

Mods so far on the 08 SpecB:

Accessport v2 - stage 1 map

Cobb adjustable short shifter for the 6 spd

Cobb radiator shroud

Brembo BBK front and back

Rota Tarmac III's on YOKO all season 235x40x18

Also have the following sitting in my garage I plan on upgrading in the next 2 months;

Megan dual tip exhaust

Indiva catted DP

STI manifold

STI top mount

STI BOV

TGV deletes

VF39 turbo (pick this up free from a buddy of mine this week)

Plan on going down to Revolutions to get the car tuned on the AP since that is where I bought it.

Personally I love this as a daily driver and occassional track car and wanted something bigger then the WRX without the boy racer looks. I know that you can upgrade the performance of a LGT to the Spec B on the cheap but it is a pretty plush interior and comes fully loaded. Not sure what deals their are out on the LGT or the Spec B but I got my this year for 31k (w/tags,taxes) out the door in the Springs. I will be available this weekend if you want to take a look.

You can see my other thread with parts for sale, but I ended up buying an '08 from the dealer in Colorado Springs. Chris and Patti there gave me an INCREDIBLE deal and they are going fast!

Mine is black on black base model and I'm pretty happy about the whole thing :)

Thanks all!

Jeff

I got the 08 STi Black with black/grey leather.

THe 05 is being dropped off at the dealership on Saturday or Monday morning.

I got a good deal on the trade. I'm trying to sell off the parts but having very little luck!

Ill have to come by your place after I pick up the new car sometime to show it off haha!

if everything goes right, I'm gonna get rid of the pods, and keep the gauges for future use on the new car - hell they were like 1300 new 2 years ago eek!

Going to Arapahoe Subaru where a girl who works there is thinking she wants to buy the exhaust system and will have the techs there uninstall everything and install her stock system on my car. Sweet.

Fingers crossed!

Archived