LegacyGT.com

Locating new 08 LGT 5-speed

Track

I'm wondering does anyone know how to run one of those inventory searches that finds specific models? I'm currently debating between any leftover 08 5-speeds and the 08 Spec B. I know of about 6 08 Spec B local to me, but none of the dealers have the LGT with the 5 speed...of course all of my local dealers only have 4EAT here in SoCal. I will not do an automatic, but I would be happy with either the 5 speed or the 6 speed.

I've gone through about a dozen local dealer websites and searched their inventory to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks ahead of time.

you could always go to subaru.com

and do the dealer search, and most of the mini websites for them have an inv search.

just widen your search as far as you are willing to go.

a little time consuming... but other than calling a dealer and asking them to do a search for you, i'm not sure.

if you are set to get an 08, i'd say do the Spec.b myself.

That's what I have done thus far. I've gone through about a dozen of the dealers' websites with no luck. Awhile back I remember someone on Nastyoc had a special search that would pull all available cars in a specific configuration from a state or region. I was hoping someone might know how to run that search.

Thanks, I'll keep hunting. It may be a Spec B for me!

You should just be able to tell a dealership what your looking for and they will hunt it down for you. They can probably accomplish in 15 min what it would take us to do over a week. They know who to call and can get the car to there lot that same week most likely.

Dont settle for a automatic if your heart tells you to get the manual. there have been too many post on here of people regreting getting the non turbo or not getting the 5-speed. As far as the spec-b or the GT thats a little harder. If your staying pretty much stock the Spec-b would probably make more since. But if your going to do your own wheels etc.. I would go with the GT.

Car will definitely not remain stock. The GT 5 speed seems to make more and more sense, unless I can get a SpB at a very reasonable price, say...31k and a good amount on my trade.

I have the 5-speed and upgraded the suspension wheels etc... The only thing I wish i had from the spec-b is the six speed. Not really even for the extra gear more for the durability. I have heard the 5-speed doesnt do well with alot of Tq. Other than that im satisfied with the GT.

As you start to upgrade things shoot me a pm. I researched to death almost all exhaust components and can pass on to you what I found out.

Now If I could just pick out a turbo:spin:

I have the 5-speed and upgraded the suspension wheels etc... The only thing I wish i had from the spec-b is the six speed. Not really even for the extra gear more for the durability. I have heard the 5-speed doesnt do well with alot of Tq. Other than that im satisfied with the GT.

As you start to upgrade things shoot me a pm. I researched to death almost all exhaust components and can pass on to you what I found out.

Now If I could just pick out a turbo:spin:

Sounds great! Thanks for the offer. I've finally located only a couple of 5-speeds but in a couple of weeks they may be gone, so I may end up with a Spec B whether I want one or not. It could be worse, I suppose.

Good luck with your search. Also another thing to consider. The trunk spoiler that comes stock puts holes in the trunk alot wider than after market spoilers will cover up, so if you dont like that spoiler or planned on changing it you might want to try and find one without it to start with.

Also I was in a similar situation when I bought my car. They were trying to get rid of there 07 but I wanted one without the spoiler, they couldnt find it so I ordered an 08. There wasnt any "big deal" on the 07 so I just ordered what I wanted. I think you will find that the price difference isnt that big. Everyone is dying to move cars right now so you have the upper hand really. Get exactly what you want even if it has to be a 09. The only downside is you might wait a month for it to show up

Archived