LegacyGT.com

bad stumble just before idle at a stop

rayeve

I "tuned" my wife's 2005 NA Legacy yesterday at 60,000. I.e., replaced spark plugs and air filter. (I had the battery unhooked for awhile -- to get to the plugs). Now the car seems to run fine EXCEPT when on trailing throttle just before a full stop. Then the engine stumbles and the idle drops too low for a couple of seconds. Feels like the engine is going to die for a coupe of seconds, and then it picks up normal idle. Any thoughts on what could cause this? Everything looks perfectly okay on the outside of the engine. Could I have messed up the ECU by having the battery disconnected? If so, how do I do a full reset of the ECU?

Thanks.

Maybe a vacuum hose got disconnected? Had that happen once and got similar issues. Kinda shooting in the dark here, unless you installed a bov, that also causes the same symptoms.
^ n00bs below this line

I have this exact same problem when I reflash my ECU, I believe the ECU has to re-learn idle when it is reset, and after I have driven it around for a couple hours, the stumble goes away.

You hit it on the nail. All Long term fuel trims have to be relearned by the ECU. Start the car and let it idle until the coolant temp needle gets in the middle.

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived