LegacyGT.com

Columbia, MD...BWI 2/14-2/18

SnoDork

Greetings to my Friends Out East!

I'll be traveling to your neck of the woods, Columbia, MD for work next week. Is there anything going on or things happening i should check out??

I've notice a few of you guys are from MD, is anyone close to Columbia?? Is there a local Legacy Meet or Subie related things to look out for?

Thanks for your help and maybe i'll run across some of you guys...

We can see how a Rental Car matches up with a Legacy!! haha...

(Note to self: buy the rental car insurance!!)

Thanks again...

SnoDork (Mervin B. Huntington Beach, Ca)

:D

~Sucka-Duck~

subaru related stuff?

I'll have to double check but there's the weekly car meet near the outback on st.john's lane. i can't remember if it's 103 or 108. sorry. i just always remember the name. wide variety of people. it was originally wrx kids but then other people had other stuff and then other groups started showing up. so you have the rice kids that show up also. i think the meet time is at 9pm on fridays.

other then that...

on the 26th, there's suppose to be a meet at the krispy kreme near the Red Robin/Longhorn steakhouse. the meet is actually every 2nd and 4th saturday night. pretty much everyone shows up. they're mostly 17-mid 20's. someone came onto the rx7 forums and invited everyone so we hassled them about us all being older than mid 20's. but they seemed cool about the "old fogies" coming out since they want to see some rx7's.

if you're feeling down from work then head over to arundel mills mall. just walk around the parking lot. point and chuckle. silly kids and their APC stickers. =P.

Not sure about Subie related stuff, especially since you will be here during the week. Not much to do in Columbia (I grew up there). I believe the Outback Steakhouse referred to above is off of 103 in the Long Gate Shopping Center. Never seen//been to a car meet there though. I might have to check that out one weekend when I swing by my parents house (almodcookie, do you know the time?).

Otherwise, there is Nottingham's. Best bar nearby (in my opinion) with pool tables, darts, and decent nightlife. Arundel Mills mall is nearby (outlet stores). If you hang out with guys from your work (I am assuming your are visiting a company office or something), they might head to downtown Baltimore. Lots to do there. Bars, restaurants, etc. Unfortunately, you will be just missing the International Auto Show at the convention center (Feb 10-12).

I work in Columbia. I am sure there's a couple of things happening this week with the other Subaru guys if you want to meet them and such. If you need a tour guide or a ride in my GT, let me know, you can PM to get contact info from me.

Keefe

Keefe

I'll check with the folks to make sure about the 103 meetings. I know they're on fridays. I think they're at 9pm but i'll double check. I'm usually not there on fridays. I'm usually at Dave and Busters down Rockville shooting things or running people in the walls on Daytona =).

A decent pool place that I go to is Blue Jays on route40. Not that many smokers and it's a decent clean place.

I thought it was the Motortrend show from 11-13th. If it's 10-12 i'm going to miss it because my plan was to go on sunday. That stinks. =(.

Thanks everyone for your input! I'm going to Columbia, MD to visit with one of my company's clients for the week...Looks like the weather will be pretty good. My work day may be a bit long while i'm out there....so i'll see how much actual free time i have.

Oh and Keefe, i'll PM yah...it'd be cool to put a face with the person...and maybe take you up on the offer of the ride in your Legacy.

Aight, i ate too much for lunch, must sleep it off!!

~Sucka-Duck~

Keefe,

Where in Columbia do you work? I have yet to see another GT in the area.

Almondcookie,

I haven't been to Blue Jays since high school (1991). I work a little bit up the road near Security Mall. You are right, it is the MotorTrend show and from the 10-13th.

SnoDork,

There are some things to do in Columbia, ya just got to search a little. Unfortuantely, I have never experienced the car scene to be as prevalent as it is in Cali/Florida.

I like bluejays because other places around the area are either too expensive or too smokey. I can stand some smoke but across the street is VIP. Almost the entire crowd is kids and whoever's shift it currently is controls the music. Playing pool ... then there's playing pool with Nine Inch Nails blasting .. and then it's playing pool with country/western going on.

Johnny C's is up on York Rd/Towson which is a second choice. Old style jukebox with newer tunes. Good second choice.

Top Hat sucks because they charge per person. So if you're going there to meet a couple friends and one of your friends can't make the shot .. once you touch the stick, they'll add another X$ because now it's n+1 people playing.

Where near security do you work? My buddy works for some defense contractor out there.

Keefe,

Where in Columbia do you work? I have yet to see another GT in the area.

Unfortuantely, I have never experienced the car scene to be as prevalent as it is in Cali/Florida.

Rock, I work just write off Snowden River Parkway and Broken Land. Btw, do you ever drive Ellicott City's three roads: New Cut Road, College Avenue, and Bonnie Branch road? (aka "Seven Hills")? I usually go up there once and awhile. I venture around on 175 and Broken Land quite a bit, but I usually just get off from Pindell School Road and Route 32 to just head to work.

Oh yea, I guess you missed out your car scene gathering experience every Friday night from 9pm til the cops come by around midnight to kick everyone out for loitering (Rockville use to be packed with about 200+ cars at the infamous Barnes & Noble @ Flagship Shopping center (corner of Rockville Pike and Randolph Road).

Keefe

Keefe

Yeah, I've been to 7 hills a few times, but it has been about 14-15 years. If I remember correctly, there was only 1 or 2 hills that could be jumped safely, all the others turned just over the crest. I remember seeing damaged trees about 10 feet off the ground around some of the turns. I guess people miscounted which hill to jump?!! Also, during driver's ed (in 1989), my teacher showed me a nice big strom drain outfall somewhere near the end of College Avenue with straps attached to the inside of it. It's kinda creepy back in that neck of the woods.

Anyway, I think a meeting would be a good idea. I'm heading out the door right now, so I'll have to get back to you guys later about time/place. I was thinking Tuesday around 6 at Carrabas/Outback in Columbia (Long Gate Shopping Center). Unfortuantely, the wife said no bikini contest allowed at our meet, lol. Let me know what you guys think.

-Neil

I was thinking Tuesday around 6 at Carrabas/Outback in Columbia (Long Gate Shopping Center). Unfortuantely, the wife said no bikini contest allowed at our meet, lol. Let me know what you guys think.

-Neil

It all depends on SnoDork if he has the time to head out to Outback or whatever. I am down for some Outback (since going to Night Shift would be out of the question for your wife :p)

Tuesday at 6:30 pm is good! Here's the address:

4420 Long Gate Parkway

Ellicott City, MD 21043

(410) 480-0472

Really easy to get to.. anyone else down for this?

Keefe

Keefe

Can you make it later? I work in towson so the evening highway battle is what I enjoy after a long day at work. =).

sure, 6:30 is good.. gives me some time to run a few laps on New Cut Road before dinner.. good way to make up an appitite.. (btw, New Cut Road is just 1 mile East of Outback Steakhouse.. awesome location and some good old meaty food!

Keefe

Keefe

... we have to come in bikinis? What kind of meet were you thinking? wierdo.

puhaha. j/k.

Can you make it later? I work in towson so the evening highway battle is what I enjoy after a long day at work. =).

6:30 works for me. We'll have to see what SnoDork checks in with, since I don't know how long his business day will be. 6:30 ok with you, almondcookie.

Xenonk, Nightshift would definitely get me in the doghouse. Plus, last time I was there was not a good experience (rude dancer, drunk friend, not a good mix).

Hey everyone,

Made it here in one piece! Just Confirmed with Keefe, so tuesday sounds good to me!! i'll make provisions to be there...guess just meet up at the bar or something.

But thanks for all the hospitality!

See you guys then!

Merv (SnoDork)

~Sucka-Duck~

I'm in. I'll try to bail out early to give me time to get down there. This 1000 mile break-in thing getting in my way and slowing me down. =).

I guess monday night someone post their cell phone. Or I'll make the girls at outback make an announcment that some legacy is being towed for illegal parking. heh.

Archived