LegacyGT.com

Running rough at the stoplight

Catch22ska4

My sister had a similar problem with her '03, she had to have her heads resurfaced/head gaskets replaced and also there was some piston slap, luckily it was still under an extended warranty.

• 1 year later...
I've been having the same problem for probably the last 50k miles. Now I'm closely approaching the 100k mark and the shaking has gotten progressively worse. The car did react well with fuel injector cleaner, but now that the cleaner consumed from the car, the shaking is back. I'm considering replacing my injectors. Any ideas how much trouble this is?

Oh wow, I forgot about this thread. I still have the problem... two years and 20k miles later, lol. I have used fuel system cleaner in the past but it hasn't seemed to help. It really doesn't feel like something such as dirty injectors, it feels more like however the auto tranny disengages the engine at idle (torque converter??) isn't functioning properly. Is there any way to test that kind of theory? I mean pretty sure the torque converter on this car is the same one that was on the car 238k miles ago, so it wouldn't surprise me if maybe it wasn't working quite right anymore, lol.

• 2 months later...
I signed up just because of this problem haha. I just bought a 93 Legacy sedan and this is happening to mine. It has a CEL light, though. While at a stop light (mind you this is an auto trans), it idles at like 1k and seems like its running on 3 cylinders. If I tap the throttle it feels as if it looses all power, then regains it instantly and shoots me off like a bat out of hell. The CEL light shuts off after decent sized bumps and the car seems to do fantastic after that. But, after 30 seconds or so, it turns back on =/

I don’t know if this is the same problem but on my trash hauling vehicle I have a problem that sounds related. It has a problem switching gears and it’s been diagnosed as the sensor that senses when it shifts out of gear doesn’t immediately recognize that it’s shifting so it jerks into the next gear. To me your problem sounds kind of related, it could be a sensor in the trans not recognizing that you have come to a stop. I haven’t had mine fixed yet because it’s only a trash hauler and I don’t drive it very often and I don’t feel like spending a couple grand to fix it. But if you can do it yourself the sensor itself is fairly cheap $20-30 if I remember correctly, just time consuming. Also maybe a trans flush might be useful just to clean any gunk you might have accumulated that might be interfering

Archived