LegacyGT.com

Someone please help

masterxtech

ok so i just got a cobb ap1 and married it to my car... everything seemed to go smoothly so i turned off my car... then unplugged everything... car wont start it just turns over and keeps turning over... i try to reconnect the ap to reset back to stock... now its giving me a connection failed try agian... the er hc is still showing up on the odometer... and the temp gauge is still showing hot... wat do i do? anyone please help

i flashed the base map... but when i turned it all off and disconnected all off then i tried turning on the car it would just turn over... thought the power might be low tried jumping it no go either... did a hard reset no go either... green wires are apart... it keeps saying error cannot connect... or try again

Ok, this will probably not help you, as I am not using Cobb. But, at this point maybe worth asking; Did you turn the car off for at least 10 seconds after the reset before trying to start the car? This is step by step what I do:

1. reflash the ecu

2. disconnect green plugs

3. reset ecu

3. turn car off and wait 10-20 seconds

4. start car

After your first flash, did you give it enough time?

Immediately after a flash, if you try to start your car it will just crank but not turn over.

The ECU is essentially "rebooting" with the new firmware.

I just did the following:

1. Flash new maps

2. Turn car to off position

3. Turn car to 'ON' (not START) position

4. Wait 30 seconds

5. Turn car to OFF

6. Start car

Hopefully it doesn't come to this, but you might be able to overnight your ECU to Cobb. When I bought my '05, the previous owner had accidentally put a stock '06 rom on my ecu. It ran fine except for cruise control but more importantly it prevented any access to the ecu (via Cobb programming, open source and the dealership). I overnighted it to Cobb and they cleaned the corruption and put the correct factory rom on my ecu and they overnighted it back. They didn't even charge me to do it.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

yea im planning on calling cobb tommorow... but yea i sat there all day trying to figure out how to start it...no luck... but i think its something with the ecu... cuse the ap wont connect to the ecu after the initial flash... i have a LGT 05 mt... i have ap1 its specific for the 05 mt

I had something similar the very same day I was getting on the plane to fly to Iraq. I f'ed up the reflash of a new E-Tune... was totally my fault and the car would not start. I was literally crapping myself as I was running out of time. As a last resort, I ended up trying "Revert Back to Stock" as I already had a tune in the car. After reverting back, I started the car, and it fired right up.

Archived