LegacyGT.com

just got my new legacy...

Except its a Liberty here in Oz! Anyway, absolutely love the car (2.5i), and find it a much more pleasant drive than my mazda 6, and compares more favourably in lots of areas. Anyone out there able to answer a question for me? I want to know what the torque split is and if there is any tecnical system in place on this car to vary power front to rear in the event of wheelspin. This is my first AWD car & I am blown away by the traction levels!

[quote name='SUBE555']Check out the Tech Reference in the 2.5GT Tech forum. ;)[/quote] It's good to see a car nerd so proud of his work.. :lol: Welcome to the board. When you get some time, snap some pics and post those babies!

Thanks for the responses. The Mazda 6 is a very good car, but my immediate impression of the liberty, err..sorry Legacy - was that the engine harmonics were so much better as was the throttle response, how much of that is down to the fly-by-wire throttle system I cant say. The Mazda had brilliant turn in, but not quite as much feel in my opinion. Also the Subaru's gear change (I have a manual) is way ahead, and the best I have ever experienced. With the Mazda's variable valve timing the engine was awesome over 3500 rpm but below that it was often necessary to drop a cog, especially in traffic, wheras the Subaru just picks up & goes with only a slight surge (compared to the Mazda) up above 4500 rpm. I guess you cant beat those flat 4's huh? Oh, and the seats are a lot better too... The Mazda's brakes had a fair bit more feel to them, but honestly, in the ABS era thats not a biggy anymore. I was pretty happy with the Mazda, it was the first new car I had ever bought - but the Legacy/Outback new range recorded 5 stars in the ANCAP (Australian New car assessment program) crash tests - this was really big news here & absolute record scores. I have an 18 month old son & the Mazda couldnt compare with the Subaru on safety (particularly in a side impact). And of course, the fact that I LOVED the subaru after my test drive, as well as it being one of the best looking sedans around, had nothing to do with my decision!!

Archived