LegacyGT.com

Flashing parking lights

Catch22ska4

So I came out to my car after work and the engine wouldn't even turn over, so I looked under the hood and the - battery cable was loose which was obviously the problem. However, once it tightened it back on there the parking lights would flash on and off even without the keys in the ignition and keep making a clicking noise. How do I get this to stop? I have to keep disconnecting the battery cable so that the lights don't kill my battery... Thanks for the help!

Ok good deal. I was about to tell you the answers.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Ok good deal. I was about to tell you the answers.

I would like to know as well I just bought a legacy outback 98 and don't have the key fob yet ordered on off ebay but my lights stay on all the time and I have to pull the fuse for them as well as the fuse for the door locks to make the lights stop flashing. Any help appreciated. Tried the button under the dash with the ignition key trick too by the way.

What lights stay on? Just the parking lights? Or the headlights too? If it's just the parking lights flashing it's the alarm after reconnecting the battery. The "button-under-the-dash-and-key-in-ignition-trick" takes me a couple of different tries for it to work.

If I put the fuse for the power door locks back in the park lights and dash lights flash tried the button trick several times but may have to try again. Once I pull the fuse for the locks the park lights stay on solid and the dash lights are off causing me to have to pull the fuse for the park lights as well. I found an alarm fob on ebay and it is on the way I hope that solves the problems, as it's a pita to pull the fuse everytime lol.

Under the driver side dash/knee bolster, in front of the kick panel towards the firewall, there is brown wire that leads to an object that looks similar to a small pencil(about4 inches long 1/2 inch in diameter). There is a black reset button on the end of that. Turn the ignition key to the run position(this turns all the lights on but the car does not start) and then hold down this reset button and it should reset it.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Under the driver side dash/knee bolster, in front of the kick panel towards the firewall, there is brown wire that leads to an object that looks similar to a small pencil(about4 inches long 1/2 inch in diameter). There is a black reset button on the end of that. Turn the ignition key to the run position(this turns all the lights on but the car does not start) and then hold down this reset button and it should reset it.

You are perhaps a genius! I have tried that button and no dice, but while unplugging the fuses multiple times I noticed the brown wire hanging and it has a connector at the end of it I am thinking perhaps the button is unplugged and there for not working. I will try that tommorow. Thanks so very much for your help.

NP, make sure the ignition key is turned to the run position while you do this.

Archived