LegacyGT.com

2009 LGT Purchase Price Question

RIPjeep2002

Hello all. My question is: I'm in contact with Minooka Subaru. They found me an 09 Black LGT with navigation, spoiler and splash guards. They said the price was 33,xxx. They said they could get it for me on a dealer trade and sell it to me for $31,331. Me trying to keep my monthly payments below $400 a month, countered with an offer of $30,500 and a for them to throw in a set of all weather floor mats(winter is here and its only October). Was this a reasonable counter offer?

Guest JessterCPA
Calculating a $400/month payment for 60 months @ 8% interest gives you a financed amount of $19,723. Not sure what your down payment/trade in is, but you aren't getting $400/month for $31k of financing (more like $635/month)

Hello all. My question is: I'm in contact with Minooka Subaru. They found me an 09 Black LGT with navigation, spoiler and splash guards. They said the price was 33,xxx. They said they could get it for me on a dealer trade and sell it to me for $31,331. Me trying to keep my monthly payments below $400 a month, countered with an offer of $30,500 and a for them to throw in a set of all weather floor mats(winter is here and its only October). Was this a reasonable counter offer?

the 33,500k is MSRP for the car, just built that car on subaru.com. thats what it comes out at.

it's a reasonable offer, have you thought about having a car built?

i had a ton of options on mine, and paid 27500 for it. 5MT so no Navi/AT.

just a thought.

if you go the build it route, shop around. Took me a week to go from 32k MSRP to 27500 by shopping around. :)

and exactly how i wanted it.

Yes. I was just in touch with A.K. of Farrish and to get a new one built exactly like that was $29,300. I will probably go through him. Along with that, I will be waiting until November to build to see what the new Subaru incentives include.

nov 2/3 ends the current promo i think.

oh and what i found... if you order, do it in the first two weeks of the month, first if you can.

i ordered in the 3rd week, and i had missed the lock in for the next build. if the Subaru Rep had not been there at the dealer when i ordered... i would have had to wait an extra 3+ weeks for the next build of Legacy's.

then my car gets delayed 2 weeks anyway...

but it still beats the Thanksgiving arrival date.

Archived