LegacyGT.com

HELP !! Blown Engine/Turbo

ooahman

My brother who lives in SF just had a major malfunction. He has 112,000 miles on his 2005 LGT wagon auto. Mostly stock..

KandN typhoon air-intake.

He was driving today and when he was accelerating he notice no power, like the turbo wasn't running. Than he didn't hear the intake noise when he pressed the pedal. He was able to drive to a shop were the car proceeded to smoke , out of the exhaust, engine bay and turbo. Then they checked and the mechanic said he had no motor oil. Looks like this may be a blown turbo or worse the whole engine,

Can someone recommend a good honest mechanic in the bay area?

05' LGT Wagon with 5 Spd The Coolest Mod ! :dm:

I have 104,000 miles on my 05 LGT and the same thing happened to me and found out that my turbo was blown:eek: the fins in my turbo broke and almost went into my engine I had to get a new turbo and intercooler since oil got into my intercooler. I couldn't even drive it. Every time I started it and tried to drive of the car would just die and a cel would come on so I towed it to the dealer. I took my car to Carlson Subaru in Redwood city they have good customer service and they had my car done in a week. They also gave me a free rent a car.

Ok, so it was a blown Turbo. He replaced it and did some other maintenance while the car was down. $2,000.00 including timing belt , f/r dif service.

Car is running great. Thanks for all the help.

Ok, so it was a blown Turbo. He replaced it and did some other maintenance while the car was down. $2,000.00 including timing belt , f/r dif service.

Car is running great. Thanks for all the help.

whoa..thats a grip for that kind of service mine was less than 1,000 when my turbo went out, they also changed my intercooler, spark plugs, belts and other maintenance needed for my car. well as long as your happy and your car is running great thats all good!

whoa..thats a grip for that kind of service mine was less than 1,000 when my turbo went out, they also changed my intercooler, spark plugs, belts and other maintenance needed for my car. well as long as your happy and your car is running great thats all good!

:eek:

I think you must be mistaken. A OEM Turbo alone from King of Parts is $927.80 add in a OEM intercooler at $285.00 . Sparks plugs $30.00 set, $110.00 timing belt, $24.00 Alt and Power Steering belt.

I guess labor was free??:p

:eek:

I think you must be mistaken. A OEM Turbo alone from King of Parts is $927.80 add in a OEM intercooler at $285.00 . Sparks plugs $30.00 set, $110.00 timing belt, $24.00 Alt and Power Steering belt.

I guess labor was free??:p

I guess the dealer hook me because Ive been going to them for over 6 years. When my turbo blow out I wanted to trade in my car for an 05 WRX but my monthly would be more than what I'm paying for the LGT. The salesman that was helping me out said that it would be better for me to get the car fix and that they would give me a good deal for the turbo, intercooler and the all the maintance. So I guess the labor was free!:D

Archived