LegacyGT.com

OE STi gauge cluster with aftermarket gauges?

Bolksey85

Could someone verify one way or another if it's possible to get the optional cubby gauge cluster, ditch the included gauges and install aftermarket Defi's or the such? Yeah, I know. It's a stupid amount of money but 1, I like the look of the Defi's more and 2, I'm too stubborn to figure out metric units at a glance. And yes, I searched but wasn't able to find a definite yes or no.:rolleyes: And now that I think about it, $650 isn't too bad when you consider a quality gauge is gonna run around $100-125 each, maybe a little more considering the sweep and the fact that it's OE parts. Just my $.02:lol:

Nope. Its fully integrated.

And yes, you'd be a moron to waste that much money to achieve what you want. At that point, you might as well go full custom. It'd still be cheaper....probably.

EDIT: I suppose it might be possible to get install some overlays on the gauge faces to get you english units but just bite the bullet and learn the conversions. Its not rocket science!

You could try and pick up a dual cubbypod in the classified section. It's a low rent way of mounting 2 gauges there. And in my opinion it's easier to read because it retains the cubby door, which hangs over the gauge faces and blocks much of the glare. Plus, you can mount any 52mm gauge in there.

Archived