LegacyGT.com

To those with multiple gauges. Chime in.

RaGe

searched and searched. Cant find anything.

Ok, i will be running 4 gauges. I already have two mounted in the cubby pod. i am getting power from the fuse box ( fuse slot 11 ). The illumination is coming from the purple wire or something along that line from in behind the clock.

I will be running an oil pressure gauge along with a LC-1. i will need 3 more power sources. 2 for the LC-1 and 1 for the oil pressure. I also require the need for an illumination wire.

I dont want to put all three 12V sources on one wire. ( that would probably be too much. ). I however could run the two ( 1 LC-1 gauge, and the 1 oil pressure gauge 12V ) to the 1 12V power source. Then i would just require 1 more power source for the actaull LC-1. So can i get some help here? Its late and my brain is not fully functioning, so i might be leaving something out. if i am i will read this tomorrow and try to update it.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

and how about the illumination wire. i already have the two gauges tapped into the purple wire behind the clock. is it safe to add two more to that same wire, or should i tap into somewhere else. if the DB gauge is too bright i can always put on a tint.

OTM.

ok. thanks for that bit of info. so i will prob just either tap into the fog lights, or that purple wire. thinking more of a purple wire. its getting cold outside. :lol:

OTM.

giving this another bump.

I would feel more comfortable having two 12v sources to be able to connect too. Anyone that is able to give some insight on this? It would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

OTM.

I am getting 12V off my stereo amp power cable which come directly from the battery. Only other 12v I have ever connected to was for my ipod cable. I tapped into the harness that is directly under the arm rest cubby. It was a blue wire in the corner of the harness. Got a volt meter?

I don't see any reason why you can't keep splicing into the same purple wire. But if it makes you feel better there is a purple wire into the light for the cig ash tray and one for the light in the glove compartment. They are both illum.

yeah i have determined that i will just splice into the purple wire for the ill.

If you guys dont think it will be a problem running 3 12V into 1 then i will do it. I need 1 12V for both the gauges, and 1 more for the LC-1. i have already utilized the fuse slot 11. just trying to figure out the best route. i guess i could tap into the cigg lighter considering i dont use it, but just want to make sure i am doing this right. i am paranoid when it comes to this stuff.

OTM.

• 2 weeks later...

giving this another bump. without sounding too much like a retard i am just tyring to document possible 12v tap sources.

again i only need 2 more power sources.

1 for both gauges, and 1 for the actuall LC-1 box. i have thought about the cigg lighter ( i just need to search and find out what wire i need ). but any fuse slots that i am able to use? again, any help is greatly appreciated.

OTM.

ok. yeah i am sorry, but wiring shit up just isnt my thang :lol: i have been searching my ass off though. thanks again for taking the time to reply.

OTM.

Why don't you just use add-a-circuits? If you really want to use 2, you could, but you only need one.

i have one of these. i guess i was just looking on where to be able to plug them in at the fuse block.

OTM.

with the help of a couple friends ( mccorry, and eric ) the job has been completed.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/Crucifix79/cubby%20pod/gauge098.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/Crucifix79/cubby%20pod/gauge101.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/Crucifix79/cubby%20pod/gauge096.jpg

OTM.

Archived