LegacyGT.com

WRX - 08 or 09?

docsmitty

I know there is a thread like this for the Legacy GT, but I've decided the WRX fits my needs better. I'm a member of IMBA, and will have the option of VIP pricing. Given the invoice of 08s or 09s, it's about a $500 difference for an 09 - no brainer! So my question is.....

Given the upgrades to the 09: Body Kit, Spoiler, Turbo, Exhaust, Springs, Sway Bars, Tires; what price should I aim for on an 08? Give me your opinions on the value of the upgrades, to give me an idea of what I can use at the dealer. I've already seen quotes on the 08s for $2000 under invoice, I think I can do better.

Please, don't argue that the 09 is better and I should just get that. I know it's an upgraded car, but without driving them back to back I can't feel a difference. Money does matter to me... if I can shave off $4000 from an 09 price and save $100 a month, it's worth it to me.

^^ I know you said dont argue that the 09 is better ... but it is so much better in every way

performance, handling, and even appearance (slightly) are improved over the 08

if you find a good deal, which u will on an 08, it is due to these reasons, and is rightfully not worth anything near the 09s price

Money does matter to me... if I can shave off $4000 from an 09 price and save $100 a month, it's worth it to me.

Then buy a lightly used car and really save some money. Buying a new '08 WRX now makes no sense.

Your VIP discount will allow you to buy the 2009 WRX sedan at about $500 below invoice for the base model and about $600 below invoice for the premium model with moonroof and navigation system. I don't understand how knowing the value of the improvements to the 2009 WRX will help you while negotiating for a new 2008 WRX. The dealer paid invoice for the 2008 and that price didn't drop when the 2009 WRX was announced. The value of the 2009 WRX improvements WILL make a difference when it comes time to sell and, being a newer model year, the 2009 WRX will also have depreciated less than a 2008.

Good luck on getting $2000 below invoice on a new 2008 WRX before SOA incentives.

Then buy a lightly used car and really save some money. Buying a new '08 WRX now makes no sense.

There's an 08 STI with about 600 miles on it at a local Lexus dealer. Unfortunately that's still out of my price range, I'm sure someone could get a killer deal on it. Oh, and lol@automatic. Silly Lexus, it's a manual!

In case anyone *is* in the market for one:

http://www.lexusoflincoln.com/VehicleDetails/1117248134

Archived