LegacyGT.com

I hope this is not a repost -2008 Legacy's fog light bulbs are different than......

what is listed in the manual or the online bulb guides.

I wanted to replace my fog light bulbs to match the HID's and ordered some H3's. Once the replacement bulbs showed up I took the old bulbs out and to my surprise they are not H3's I have 9006's installed from the factory in my 2008 Legacy Limited :confused:.

Car's own manual states they should be H3's but they are not.

Has anyone realized this before or is this a one off scenario? I did search before posting this but did not come across something like this? Is it possible that Subaru changed the fog light bulbs from H3's to 9006 (HB4) and did not update the manual?

Can we have someone with a later year production 2008 or a 2009 MY confirm this. Why would they install 9006's only in one car? I bought my car brand new w/ 4 miles on the odometer so I know it has not been in an accident or anything.

I have a 2008 and I recently changed my fog light bulbs and they are indeed 9006. The manual is wrong.

OK mystery solved and this thread can document it for the future as a reference. Pretty odd that they did not update the manual.

• 4 weeks later...

Wish I found this thread sooner and/or read my manual. I also found out the hard way just now. 9006 indeed. I relied on an online guide :mad:

Time to sell my H3's and make another order. They're the PIAA Ion Yellow bulbs. $40 shipped, any takers?

Wish I found this thread sooner and/or read my manual. I also found out the hard way just now. 9006 indeed. I relied on an online guide :mad:

Time to sell my H3's and make another order. They're the PIAA Ion Yellow bulbs. $40 shipped, any takers?

I know... I have a set of H3's sitting in my garage as well. I went w/ GP Thunders though....

• 2 years later...
OK, I'm probably gonna get flamed for not doing a search on this first, but are there any aftermarket plug-in bulbs that would cause these fog lights to actually give off some decent light? When I'm driving at night and turn them on, I see nooooo difference. They're useless!:spin:

Archived