LegacyGT.com

An Invitation to Drive!

Rapid Roo

its in the Monte Carlo Format. Not TSD. Basically you are given clues for the checkpoints, the exact times you need to show up at those checkpoints and an official map. Sometimes they throw in min/max speeds through the checkpoints but it is usually fairly straight forward. I think its a bit simpler than a TSD but a lot more fun. The roads are great and darkness throws a special kink into it for your navigator. If you can make it, it would be great to see more Subarus out there. I have been trying to get more of my Forester friends to join us. Now that I am totally in love with the new Legacy (and one of my friends who does these rallies is planning on getting one) I hope to make some new Legacy friends and see them out on my favorite backroads. RR :D ...hey wait a second, you're from Wisconsin :?: that's going to be one heck of a drive :o :laugh:

Yup that's why I have HUGE lights on my car....that and I am seriously nightblind :o :cry: but they do help out a lot. LEBEC is about 60 min north of Los Angeles, may be less. It is located on the I-5 fwy. Not that far away, and it gives a good starting point for those glorious back roads. RR :D

the four lower lights are Hellas. 4000s and 500s. the all have 130w Narva Rally bulbs in them. My headlights are HID conversions. Daylight would be a good discription. Hand of God coming down the road was another that I heard from another rallist as I caught up to them in the darkness :lol: It was pretty funny, they were driving in front of me as I caught up to them, but at about 1/4 mi. or so, they could see their shadow on the canyon wall in front of them... in the middle of their driving light pattern from their Cibie Oscars. :lol: ... and at the beginning of the rally I overheard them saying that mine were over the top :P I have everthing triggered off of my highbeam stalk, so its easy on and off. I have been looking for a foot switch but haven't found anything. That's too bad it far for you, it would have been nice to see ya there. :) Maybe when we are in your neck of the woods you can join us. We had one end in Paso Robles once... man that was a long drive home. (LA - Lebec - Paso Robles - LA all in one night!) RR :D

• 3 weeks later...
If you have the chance, don't miss this. It is going to be an epic drive! If you are planning on coming please send an email to Joe at [email]carzero@aol.com[/email]. Just so that we know how many cars are coming and we can properly set up crews and have the appropriate number of maps and instruction ready. RR :D

That's right an ITN video clip!! One of the SoCal3G guys put together a video of one of the sections of "Angel's Crown", the previous ITN Rally. [b][URL=http://www.kingfred.com/socal3g/ITN_Angels_Crown.mpg]Angel's Crown vid[/URL][/b] special thanks to Socal3g for hosting the video! download and enjoy RR:D

opps sorry forgot to mention the 21 MB part. :oops: $55 may seem a bit much, but it doesn't even cover the cost of setting one of these things up. Running rally precheck this week I ran through 2 tanks of gas and 500+ miles of driving. All in one night! And thats just me, there are 4 crews working this rally. Hope to see some Legacy's out there. It a blast of a drive. RR :D

I'm extremely familiar with that area. I've probably driven the whole course 100 times. This would be fun, but I don't have a partner, since everyone here is gone for summer. Perhaps I'll get a rental, unless someone who can read in the car wants to join me. how to get there: take the 5 north from L.A., 580E then 5 south from SF, exit Frazier Park, go west, see the Flying J.

Archived