LegacyGT.com

Looking for an STi Brembo Front Brake swap

I have been shopping for a set of front brembo sti calipers to do a swap. I can not find an install at all. I did see a few people talking about a link to theL7 but that site does not work any more.

Anyone have a step by step laying around?

You don't need one if you are familiar with working on brakes, its very straight forward. If not, I highly suggest having someone on hand who does have brake experience. And another quick note, search for my post on the proper torque specs for the front caliper mounting bolts. I'm too lazy to find it myself.:lol:

ignore him, he'll go away.

You don't need one if you are familiar with working on brakes, its very straight forward. If not, I highly suggest having someone on hand who does have brake experience. And another quick note, search for my post on the proper torque specs for the front caliper mounting bolts. I'm too lazy to find it myself.:lol:

+ 1

are you getting this done yourself? cuz i know a guy. he's prettttty awesome! :lol:

car for sale. PM me!

Thanks for the info guys. I was looking for the install to get an idea of what it is like on the legacy. Since I moved to SD I dont have a garage and can't do much in my "parking space" due to HOA issues.

I found some fronts but I am looking for rears.

My garage is available.

The rear I cannot do because no cutting tool and no dremel.

But shoot me a PM. Ursine is coming over tonight to check out the setup.

You're welcome as well.

car for sale. PM me!

Lawl,

Just saw this! I just sent you a pm. Not sure if you are free tonight. I need rims before I can throw on my front brembos and am looking for a pair in the rear.

I am also thinking of painting Silver instead of the gold to give it a little more of that S402 look. :)

My garage is available.

The rear I cannot do because no cutting tool and no dremel.

But shoot me a PM. Ursine is coming over tonight to check out the setup.

You're welcome as well.

Just a question on that, what do u have to cut or modify on the rears to make them work?

Just a question on that, what do u have to cut or modify on the rears to make them work?

heat shield- the new rotors are too big. u either have to bend the heat shield back or cut off the offending rim.

there is a 1/4 inch section of an A arm or whatever that needs to be trimmed for a bolt. you'll see it when you try to put it on.

we used a dremel and a carbide (sp?) head for the suspension trimming. used a small circular saw thing for the heat shield

car for sale. PM me!

heat shield- the new rotors are too big. u either have to bend the heat shield back or cut off the offending rim.

there is a 1/4 inch section of an A arm or whatever that needs to be trimmed for a bolt. you'll see it when you try to put it on.

we used a dremel and a carbide (sp?) head for the suspension trimming. used a small circular saw thing for the heat shield

Alright, thanks for the help

• 9 months later...

Archived