LegacyGT.com

newbie audio questions - re Outback

rayeve

Hi, I maybe could find these answers by poking through all the forums, but hoping you'll cut me some slack and save me a ton of time:

1) I read that the 09 Legacy would have an option for a killer upgrade of the central entertainment unit -- does anyone know if this will be true of the 09 Outback

2) I had on 05 Legacy GT. As I remember a major upgrade of the central audio unit would be a huge pain (or impossible) due to its being integrated with other stuff (AC head unit maybe?). I'd like to buy an Outback (not Legacy) that's about 06 -08 and then do a major upgrade of the central audio component. Does anyone know if it's easier to do that compared to trying to replace the original unit in the 05 Legacy. Might save me a few thou cf buying an 09, if it can be done without making the car look like a radio shack (the real kind, not the brick and mortar store). :lol:

Many thanks.

If the outback has dual climate controls, it is the same integrated piece as in the 05. If the controls are manual, then you can easily upgrade to an aftermarket HU.

I thought I remember hearing (this is some time ago) that the 09's will have some sort of "extra" something regarding the HU's. I could be wrong though. :confused:

I'd like to buy an Outback (not Legacy) that's about 06 -08 and then do a major upgrade of the central audio component.

In option#2, he said he'd like to buy an 06-08 instead of the 09. I was referring to those years. I don't know much about the 09s.

Archived